Watching movies more than once

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Jennifer • Jun 24, 2012.

1. dreyz

dreyzMember

Threads:
    Contrary to what most of my friends are doing, I don't like watching a movie twice, especially since I already know what the show is all about. The reason used to justify watching it more than once is "because the show is awesome" but I cannot comprehend that.

I mean, yes, a show it's nice. You've watch it, so it's time to move on.

2. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    It's rare but there are some movies I watched more than twice...like Lord of the Rings. I'd see it more than once but never back to back. It's too long. I saw Titanic too but once was enough for me. I find that the only movies I repeat are ones with a happy ending or overcoming trials, otherwise if it was a sad movie, I'd be depressed. (ie: Beaches)

3. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I do watch certain movies more than once. I really liked Coming to America and Trading places starring Eddie Murphy. I watch both movies at least once or twice a year and it never gets old. Sad movies that do not have a happy/great ending are the only movies I do not watch frequently.

4. tjshort05

tjshort05Active Member

Threads:
    If I really like them, I can watch them over and over again. I've been to a few movies 4 or 5 times in the theater alone, then I bought the movie. That's really rare though. I usually can watch anything I somewhat liked a couple of times. Then there are the movies that I really like, about 3 a year, that I can watch dozens of times. So far this year I haven't watched any new ones as I've been busy with keeping my toddler entertained.

5. iRichard

iRichardMember

Threads:
    One of my favorite movies that I used to watch over and over again is Toy Story. This animation movie was my favorite movie ever since I was a child and it still is my favorite movie. My favorite character in Toy Story is Woody because he plays a cowboy.

6. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I watched movies more than once especially comedies. There are so many that I like, but Dumb and Dumber has to be one of my favorites. There's no problem watching a movie once in a while, but there are people who watch the same movie everyday. I can only watch a movie once in a while. There's no reason to watch it all the time because it stops being funny.

7. Cyclone3616

Cyclone3616Member

Threads:
    Some movies are worth watching more then once, and others, you will only understand the story if you do, or maybe you missed something in the movie. My brother had to watch Batman, The Dark Night Rises a total of three times in order to get the whole plot and what was going on. Sometimes it is worth the extra money to see a movie again if you missed something, if it is a very thrilling movie like The Dark Night Rises. If it isn't a thrilling movie, unless you want to see it again, you can just look it up on the internet and it will tell you everything that happened in the film.

8. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I am so guilty of watching a movie more than once especially if I really love it. One of my favorites that I will never get tired of watching is You Got Mail. It's the story of my life!

9. husstopher

husstopherMember

Threads:
    When I was younger, I used to watch The Land Before Time series over and over again every night.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really have this habit of watching movies repeatedly, but I only do it to clarify the events that I didn't quite understand in the film. Or when I want to review the "hints" that the movie gives away before it reveals the climax, twist or ending of the movie.

So far, the only movies that I remember seeing more than once in such a short interval (it takes me a year or more to watch a movie again in it's entirety) are Inception and Insidious.

11. warren4454

warren4454New Member

Threads:
    I will watch a movie twice sometimes, I watched jaws more than once, return of the Jedi, recent movies Aliens and cowboys, classic movies

12. freemind_76

freemind_76Member

Threads:
    I don't often watch a movie multiple times. But with one exception and that was the 2004 adaptation of The Phantom of the Opera. It was my husband who encouraged me to watch it because I kept saying no to him. But after giving in and having to watch the whole movie, I just have to watch it again and again.

13. almari_011

almari_011Member

Threads:
    I do watch movies multiple times specially if the movie is really good. I'm a fan of romantic movies so I've watch The Notebook, Cinderella Story, 27 Dresses, Life as we know it and others 3 times up. I'm that addicted. :))

14. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I've watched many movies more than once just because they were on TV or something, but if it's a movie I download, I rarely watch it twice. I only like re-watching psychological films and thrillers I think I need to watch again to fully understand the plot. Movies like Donny Darko or The Usual Suspects, both amazing, amazing films!

15. smilekill

smilekillNew Member

Threads:
    i use to watch girl friend of the past and little man more than twenty times

16. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Not just movies, but other things like series and books, if they are good, i will watch/read again later. I know that there are still a lot of interesting things out there, but what is the problem of going back to favorites? If they are that good, i think they should be remembered again.

17. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    I've watched many movies, many times. The reasons can vary but I have different movies that I like to watch depending on the mood I'm in (or want to be in).

When I'm not feeling well, there are certain movies that I'll queue up and just have them in rotation while I drift in/out of sleep while riding a cold or something.

It really does help to instantly put you into a predictable frame of mind.

18. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I am definitely one of tosepopel who can watch a movie five or ten times if I really love it.
    I even buy DVDs so that I can re watch some of my all time favorites at least once a a year.
    Sometimes I just feel that I don't want to forget a is the detail of my favorite films so I end up re watching them several times!