Water Enhancers

Discussion in Food & Drink started by pafjlh • Jan 13, 2015.

1. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Have any of you used these. They come in various varieties, such as from Crystal Light, Mio, and even Kool Aid. Basically what these are is a liquid version of the products that use to be only available in powder form. Where Mio is concern some of these have extra added things such as energy enhancers, it would depend on the type that is bought.

To be honest I could never try these in the regular store because they were way too expensive. However, thanks to one of my favorite store's 99 cents only I have had an opportunity to try these and I have to say that I like them. Perhaps more then I like the powder. One of the things I like is that these bottles seem to last longer then the standard box does. Also, you can make it as week or a strong as you like. Also, dissolves better in water then powder. So, I can definitely recommend these if you can get them at a good price that is.

2. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried some of those and to be honest, my fiancé and I used to like them. But then I just decided to drink more water in general, and for some reason those drink mixes or water enhancers always have some like...after taste to it. And often times the after taste isn't that great either.

So what I've started doing now is I just drink water, and if I want flavor in my water I just do a splash of juice (so like diluted juice). Or I just put a squeeze of lemon and honey in my water and sip it.

3. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    I hate water enhancers because they taste like chemicals. Then when you read the label and you realize that most of them are just that. I would rather drink water plain as intended instead of trying to enhance it. If I wanted a soft drink then I would go out and buy one.

4. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    While it may offer cost savings as an alternative to soft drinks one should definitely exercise caution, and drink these in moderation. They are laden with sugar and other chemicals, and drinking it as if it were plain water would lead to many health complications. I wouldn't even consider drinking it once a day, in my opinion a few times a week is already pretty often.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never been interested in water enhancers. For me the quality and taste of water is most important in life, since I consume a whole lot of it on a daily basis. It wouldn't even occur in my dreams to enhance pure and clean water with anything else but fresh lemon juice. :) Water is like medicine. Wherever possible, it should come from a pure and natural source. And if that presents a problem, having a strong filter will help to improve common town water.

6. Mika

MikaMember

Threads:
    I have tried them, and I've tried many flavors of them. At first I really liked the Mio ones but I've slowly grown to hate them. They leave a nasty aftertaste after a while. I have a pile of different brands such as Mio, Great Value, Koolaid, True Lime, etc. I don't really care most of them though.

I do still enjoy the black cherry limeade by True Lime though. It's definitely my favorite. I occasionally get on a kick for the red Koolaid, and the Great Value apple flavor tastes pretty good. It tastes like granny smith apples. I also enjoy the Country Time lemonade, and any brand of pink lemonade. Other than these, I haven't found any I much care for. I keep buying them because they sound like they'll taste good, and then I get disappointed and serve them to guests. :cool:

I just try to stay out of that isle now, although I almost got drawn in by iBotta's offers for Propel. Almost! I got some apple juice instead though.