Water Filtering

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Zyni • Feb 19, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Instead of buying bottled watered, or gallon jugs of water, it seems like it would be more economical and more convenient to filter water at home. What are some of the better, and affordable, water filtering devices? Do you use any of these products? I used to have one on the Faucet, but I wasn't too impressed with it. I'm thinking of trying a water filtering pitcher. Have you had experience with these? Which do you prefer?

2. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really know what your best options are in the home filtering system market.
    But I've also been thinking about trying a filtering solution...
    Since I'm drinking from the faucet anyway, I thought about buying like a workout shaker with a filter.
    Pitcher also sounds nice. :)

I'll probably do it sooner rather than later, so I'll get back to you on that...
    But how do you really gage if the water is more healthy? :p

3. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I have never filtered my water. I probably should but I've just never felt the need to spend money on something like that. I HAVE boiled my water, strained it, & refrigerated it in the summer. I just do that because of taste not really health.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Water filter jugs are cheap and economical. I've been using them for years, because you have to be careful if you have a sensitive stomach. These days water filters are much cheaper and many stores sell generic ones that fit all kinds of jugs. Plus, I find it's good in summer as you have a jug of chilled water on hand.