Water Is Enough For Me

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Briannagodess • Jul 8, 2015.

1. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Many women spend hundreds of dollars for facial washes. I did this too before. However, I realized that my skin does not stop breaking out. Even if I buy the expensive types.

So I tried just using water in my face. I really do not use makeup so I do not need those harsh cleansers. After a week, wow! All my breakouts dried up and now I rarely get them.

Have you tried this method of cleansing your face?

2. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't use water but I do use moisturizer and have stopped using cleanser. I'm not sure if water would be better but the moisturizer has definitely made my face look better than the cleanser and it's the same exact brand as the cleanser. I'm starting to think our faces are that area where you don't need a soaping product.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been using a mild, alcohol-free cleanser for my face for years now. It's all herbal and tones my face at the same time. Other than that, I only ever use water and salt or sugar for a scrub, which I follow up with a lemon water treatment to tighten my pores. On top of that I like a few drops of argan or rosehip oil.

4. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't get away with not using cleanser. I have tried using only water but it just didn't keep my skin clean enough. I just use a mild foaming wash from the supermarket, it does the job without costing a fortune.

5. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    In my area, there are major water restrictions so this method may not work for me. However, I went back to using black soap for the moisturizing. I get a lot of facial hair and if my skin is too dry, it will scar during the hair removal process.:D

6. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I have used water for many years. It works for me. My skin is sensitive, and I too do not wear make up. I am often complimented on my skin.
    I do make an oatmeal almond mask about every ten days, for exfoliation and nourishing my skin.

7. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Wow that oatmeal almond mask sounds interesting! I have tried oatmeal on my skin but sadly I got itchy patches from it. What kind of oatmeal do you use?

8. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think this method would work only if you don't wear makeup and have near perfect skin, which counts me out sadly :( Plus I have oily skin, so I need to feel like I've washed all the grime off my face. I always opt for soap and alcohol free ones to avoid my skin drying out.

9. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would never use water for this purpose. In the UK, and I am not sure whether or not it is the same in other parts of the world, there are hard water areas, and soft water areas. I happen to live in a hard water area, which unfortunately means that our water tends to dry out the skin, amongst other undesired things. I have to use products due to this.

10. Lushlala

Threads:
    Of course, there's also that, DreekLass! That's yet another reason I couldn't use water on its own too. I already have problem skin as it stands, so I really have to make sure I removed the last trace of grime from my skin before bed. Otherwise I get blockages that often lead to cystic acne that's a nightmare to heal. Water alone wouldn't cut it.

11. DreekLass

Threads:
    I know where you are coming from. My skin can get pretty dry a times too. I don't know why it is drier at other times than others though. I hydrate regularly enough. But there definitely needs to be some other product used instead of just water.

12. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    With pollution and natural functions, water just isn't enough imo. I wouldn't run out and buy whatever the coolest commercial says will make me look 10 years younger and make me a bikini model if only I try it, but at least a mild soap. We sweat, we eat, we touch our face with the day's billions of germs, other people breathe and cough around us. No.. at least for me, water just isn't enough lol.

13. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    I am very sensitive to a lot of different products so I have to be careful about what I use to cleanse my face. I have tried a number of different cleaners in the past and my skin was always so dry and flaky then when I put on moisturizers my skin would break out from the oils in it. I have found that like a mild foaming cleaners. It feels good on the skin and my face feels clean. That is what seems to work best for me and the type of skin that I have.

14. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    I've thought about trying the water only method for my face because I have noticed that some people who use this method have really clear skin. However, I just don't see how this would get my skin as clean as I would like it. One of my friends used to only use water and when I watched her wipe her face with a cleanser one day, the cloth was very dirty. So, that makes me leery of using that method because I have very oily skin. I tried using the oil cleansing method using natural oils and every oil I have tried irritates my skin. So, I just stick with using Dove soap.

15. DreekLass

Threads:
    I think that water can certainly help for skin, especially facial skin. But it is one factor against many other factors. The food we eat, and our surroundings, and the people and air around us. Not only that but as I mentioned above, there are different qualities of water in different areas. I use all natural products on my skin now, save the coconut butter that I apply after using this natural ingredient. But water does help. It is not enough alone though.

16. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I use Dove soap so I wash with it. I too don't use make up, but age shows unfortunately. Found coconut oil and loving it! Much of my skin is improving by putting on coconut oil. If you drink coconut oil it'll make you heather too.

17. Lushlala

Threads:
    Your skin looks great, so I'm not surprised you don't need much to maintain it. Lucky you! But what I find even more interesting is what you said about drinking coconut oil!! How would you actually take it, and just how much of it do you have to take? I think I'd feel sick from that LOL Do you know what drinking it is supposed to do?

18. shoptodrop

shoptodropActive Member

Threads:
    That makes sense. My skin gets really dry after I take a shower, so I bet it'd help with that too. Keeping the pores moist. I haven't had trouble with break outs in a long time, but I'll try this method next time it happens. Thanks for sharing that awesome tid bit.

19. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I think that as long as you wash well, water can be good. It depends on what type of atmosphere you live in. Where I live, it is very dry, and this means that I need to use moisturiser on my skin or it will just dry out very quickly. But I don't spend an awful lot of money on the products that I use, and this means that nothing goes to waste, and I am still able to save money. But I would never use anything else other than water and moisturiser, lots of people do waste a lot of money on it, I know that.

20. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I feel sometimes the cleaning or moisturizing products I put on my face add to the breakouts or blemishes I get. I have discovered that using Dove soap and Neutrogena moisturizer keep my face break out free. I don't think I could just use water as I need to get off the daily oils and dirts. I just find your face feels nice and relaxed after you wash and know it's clean. I find some products are hard to wash off and they clog your pores. I sometimes use a exfoliant facial scrub to get rid of blackheads.