Water Quality

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Sunflogun • Jun 16, 2015.

1. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    I live in a city, but when for some reason I spend some days away in the country I do notice that the water quality seems better. I notice this on my skin and hair, especially the hair seems to be cleaner and lighter. Have you experienced this as well? Or is this something air related too?

2. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    It's been a long time since I lived anywhere where I was on a city water supply. The thing about being in the country is you almost always have well water, which is better most times than the city water. Even if it is hard. City water supplies always have additives of one kind or another in them.

There are places, I would imagine, where the well water might not be so great. I just happen to have never found one.:)

3. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHomeActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't drink water from my tap if you PAID me to and I live in the city. I prefer city water for washing as my colored hair and hard well water do NOT mix well but I love the taste of well water from the tap.

4. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    When I spend a weekend outside of the city believe me, I do feel a difference on my body and most likely this is not just water related, everything we eat has to be healthier because there is less pollution. I've been thinking a lot about this lately.

5. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely think some areas have better water quality then others. I know in certain areas of Mass. the water is very hard. I know people who say its ruins their hair and dries out their skin. However, I know in parts of Maine the water doesn't damage her hair at all.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it depends on the water company more than anything. Back in the province I am under the impression that the water there is not that clean as compared to the water that we have in the city because they use a different water company. As for the air, yes, country air will always be cleaner because there is less pollution as compared to the city.

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, water in different places can affect both my hair and skin differently. Like other posters have noted, I've been told that it's due to the hardness of the water, although I can't actually tell the difference. I tend to tell the difference in the way the water in different places affects me. I too wouldn't drink tap water, even though the Botswana government supplies safe enough water to drink.