Water Sprinklers?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Casiox • Aug 8, 2016.

1. Casiox

CasioxActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I've been taking care of my house's garden for around one year and I was thinking about installing some water sprinklers in a little lawn field that's in my backyard, however, I do not really know if it could be a good idea and I do not really know if it would be worth it since I actually enjoy watering the plants by myself.
    What do you recommend me?

2. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I think the new ornamental copper spinners are cool. They look nice in the garden, don't rust out, and create more of a 'rain' watering that is natural for the garden. They are over a hundred dollars though, so you would want to shop around and find the best deal out there. This sight is the original though so you know what to look for. Copper is growing in popularity again so the price might go down soon. Here is a copy of the link if you want to check it out:

3. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My husband is a backyard gardener who enjoys planting and tending the plants. The only thing he doesn't enjoy in the garden is pulling off the weeds. He lets our housemaids do that for him. And with the watering of the plants, he would spend time for that, maybe about an hour to water the front yard and the backyard. During summer, he waters the garden in the morning and also in the later afternoon. I don't think he would agree to a water sprinkler. Not really to save on money but watering the plants is also a good exercise much more if it is enjoyable.

4. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually use both the sprinkler and also hand water just using the hose. In the spring, and even into the early parts of the summer, I uually go out and soak the flowers, bushes and shrubs, and just let the rain take care of the lawn itself. But once it gets into the heat of summer, July and August usually, it is just too hot and humid to go stand outside and water for a half hour or more.
    Even when I slip out at the crack of dawn, and it is still fairly cool, the humidity here is so high that it is hard to breathe, and the sweat just pours down over your face, even though I am not working hard enough to cause a normal sweat.
    This is when I most often use the sprinklers.
    I can go outside, set the sprinkler on one part of the yard, leave it long enough to soak the area, and then move it to another part of the yard.
    Since we don't get a lot of rain in the hot part of summer, the grass always needs watered as well as the other plants and flowers.

5. Casiox

CasioxActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I personally think you use both because you live in a country where you have seasons and such things unlike my country, I live in a tropical country, at the coast side and we do not have seasons, we just have rain and sun, there's no snow or anything like that, therefore, we have to get adapted to the weather, it's super warm here but I already got used to it.