Ways To Save Money On Holiday Celebrations?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Denis Hard • Aug 18, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most people would rather spend time with family which is great but whilst celebrating, supposing you want to save some money?

The easiest to way to do it [though getting it to work will be a lot harder] would be by getting together with friends, shopping for what you need together and celebrating with your families together. Not only will you save some money in the process, but with such company you can have more fun.

What do you guys think?

2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think all celebrations should be about having fun and enjoying one's self, and not worrying too much about money. I find that whatever you do with like-minded people, there are usually a lot more benefits than doing it all on your own. It can work out very well if there is a good structure to it all. Also, it might be a lot less stressful, as many hands and wallets make light work.

#2Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2014
  3. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    Spending time with family IS the best way to save money on the holidays, even if you do contribute to the payment of the food expenses, since food is being cooked in such large quantities, it ends up being much cheaper for everyone.
    At least that's how we always do it in my family, everyone chips in for the food costs, divided equally by each "household" if that makes sense.