We Can't Survive Without Ads, Can We?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by kokimboka • Nov 18, 2016.

1. kokimboka

kokimbokaMember

Threads:
    It's hard for me to buy something that I have not seen being advertised. Sometimes or most of the times the ads are exaggerated and you will find the product does not function as advertised. But how will we know the new products in the market if they are not advertised?Can we survive without ads? Who will buy a product they have not seen being advertised or heard of?

2. moondebi

moondebiActive Member

Threads:
    I've to contradict as I'll still buy a product if it is from the same brand I'm familiar with and I trust.
    My exposure to TV is very limited and thanks to the recording facility of our HD set top box, even if I have to watch something...I'll record it to skip the ads in between.
    For buying a new product, I generally go through the labels and the acquaintance of the brand.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I guess advertisements also help consumers bin giving ideas of products. And although ads are always positive and sometimes exaggerated, we still owe it to the ads in knowing about a product. With the Internet now, it is easier for consumers to get added info of a product. As to the title of this thread, we can live without ads but it may not be good for us.

4. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    I agree that advertisement is required to get to know the product features and it is the medium through which we come to know of new product launch. But too much of anything is bad. Nowadays there have been overflow of wrong information though ads and most of them are quite misleading with the intention of cheating customers. MNCs have become so selfish that they are ready to go to any extreme to improve their stock market rates.

Quite recently a MNC was selling noodles with more than recommended dose of lead and MSG in it. Obviously they hired an eminent personality from film sector for ad campaigns to attract customers. Their licence was canceled but got it back again. You know, you can do anything if you have proper influence in politics.

5. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    It would be an interesting world, but it is hard to imagine where the funds would come from for some of the things that we love. Radio would probably just disappear, which would be unfortunate to me, although everyone else would probably be okay.

6. biege

biegeActive Member

Threads:
    We can survive because there's a lot of courageous buyers out there making reviews of the products they buy. Ads are there to help businesses survive because it's us who makes that happen and it's not the other way around. Just my thought. :D

7. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    Unless you are talking about PTC users :) I think I can do without ads. In the past when there was no radio or tv people still bought their basic needs and wants. Yes, ads do help to get exposed to new stuffs but it is not mandatory in my opinion.

8. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    How did news spread an era ago? Through word of mouth. This is still one of the most effective methods of advertisement because of the confidentiality and assurance that goes with direct marketing. You will have a first hand account from an unbiased individual on the salient qualities of a particular product. Yes, we can do without ads.

9. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    There are some basic items I use in my house that I don't need ads to purchase them in the market. Example of such are my real local food, surprisingly most of these local items compete very well if not better with the heavily advertised goods. People do have a way of passing info about the usefulness of a product they have used or using to others in an informal way.

10. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Advertising takes several forms or methods. What is common is TV advertisement. Then followed by Radio Broadcast. Now the latest is through mobile phone. We don't know that the forerunner of advertisement is a message relay through "gossip". Believe it or not. But that is true.

11. serbog

serbogMember

Threads:
    I usually don't look at ads at all. If I want to buy something that is expensive like a computer/car, then I will do as much research as I can do, because you can never trust those ads.

12. luisalex96

luisalex96Member

Threads:
    Publicizing engages and decorates, or so it can be contended. Some TV and radio adverts are fun or interesting, however the impact wears off after a couple rehashes. Moreover a few announcements or print promotions. Similarly as frequently, be that as it may, they can be dull or revolting. Aside from its legitimate status, there is little distinction between a bulletin and spray painting. Both can be wonderful or detestable; neither can be maintained a strategic distance from easily.

13. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I always take clue from ads to buy most of the things. Ads are educative as well as informative. Without ads how would anyone find about the new product in the market. I watch ads on TV or read on newspapers. Watching and reading ads is fun. Advertisements also help the media survive. Without ads there would be no TV or newspaper.

14. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't say we can't survive without them. I'd more say we are better off with them. Having more knowledge in the market leaves us with more options than others who do not. So, we end up better off while the others are worse off.

15. haivu721vn

haivu721vnMember

Threads:
    I think my life would be better without them. Ads are annoying and the advertised product was never the same as the real product. Watching Ads is wasting time. I never trust them.
    If I want to buy a product, I'll have to do research whether I should buy it or not.

16. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    It's not my case. I could live quietly without the advertisements. In fact, I think in general they are very boring and only aim at the pocket of consumers and I believe the vast majority of them don't care about potential customers (not until they make the long-awaited purchase).

After the purchase has been made, the advertisements start to hunt the next targets. It's a vicious financial circle that has no end.

17. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    There's no question about it, we can all survive without ads. But then we know that these ads support TV and radio programs as well as websites that we actually enjoy for free. Thanks to these ads, I was able to learn programming and lots of other stuff online for free. They are not annoying for me at all. I would actually click on ads on my frequently used websites to support them and at the same time learn what advertisers can offer. I usually find out about new technologies and innovative services from ads and as a person with entrepreneurial spirit, they inspire me to think creatively.

The same things is true with free TV. Without the ads, I would have to pay for cable subscription to entertain my child's nanny who, in turn, allows me to work and earn decent money at my job. :) So yeah, I love ads, they're part of the free entertainment package.

18. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not me I like ads a whole lot because it lets me know of sales, new products and changes. Though ads may seem an exaggeration, many are helpful products being invented for our help and makes life no much more convenient. I find that today we can't rely on word of mouth but can rely on reviews. I always wait a while when a new product to see reviews of it.

19. DavidLee

DavidLeeMember

Threads:
    It's true. I merely purchase products that I haven't seen being advertised on TV or online. The good thing about Ads is that they give a sense of genuineness about a product or service! I also know we are in that Era where Ads are all over, and popping-up as long as we are online. But to my own view, these ads are informative -even if they are annoying sometimes since they slow down your surfing activities and speed. I always find them with new-brand contents, new-offers or products and services. So, yeah, we should let ads be part of us -I'm just saying.

20. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't say we won't be able to survive without them, because event though they can be quite annoying and irritating sometimes, they make us aware of the newest items available.