We Can't Survive Without Ads, Can We?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by kokimboka • Nov 18, 2016.

1. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    Nowadays I usually skip ads when I am busy so I think I cam survive without them. What it is important for me are reviews of others about the product. Most of the time when I know about a new product it's because I see someone have it or talk about it either in person, social media, or videos. Ads may help others but others knowing about a product helps me.

2. Gad

GadMember

Threads:
    @kokimboka@kokimboka I agree that advertisements aid us in knowing about new products in the market. They enlighten us and ensure that we are always in the know. Apart from that, I think that advertisements break the monotony when watching the tv. Sometimes we may be watching boring programs and breaks are exactly what we need. On the other hand, the breaks that come with advertisements help a lot. That is the time to rush to the loo, get food or even reply a text. I say that we cannot do without advertisements.

#22Jun 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2017
  3. FergusMacLeod

FergusMacLeodMember

Threads:
    I actually tend to buy things that are not advertised because I believe that there are a lot of things that are new and can't afford to have a good ad for them, at least not yet. But of course, if you saw an ad you will probably go for that one instead of something else. I can't deny that, even I do that so yeah, advertising plays a big role in marketing.

4. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, it will be very difficult for us to buy the product without seeing in the advertisement as we will not have an idea about the product without seeing the ad. This is the way of promoting the new products and without it, it will be very difficult for us to be aware of the products in the market.

5. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    Advertisements are extremely important nowadays and they will only get more important as time goes by. I think the most important thing about the advertisement though is what platform it is advertised on. I think a lot of companies are now focusing more on online advertisements as internet usage increases. The fact that even old people are now using the internet showcases how important online advertising is. Add to that the fact that it is extremely easy and cheap to advertise on different websites and it's the perfect platform to advertise.

We need advertisements more than ever now because we need to know how legitimate a company or product is. If I have not seen an advertisement for a product then I will most likely not buy it to be honest

6. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I'm sure we could survive without ads, however it would be a bit of a struggle for many, including me. I tend to discover great products though ads online and on TV. But, buying decent enough merchandise without him would be a tedious task.

7. wallet

walletActive Member

Threads:
    I think we can survive without ads, it depends on us how addicted we are of commercials. I stopped to buy only what I see on TV, I prefer to ask my friends, relatives, and people that are around me when I buy something, I prefer to hear their opinion about that product in spite of a commercial.
    In this way I know if that product worth buying it or not!

8. jakub

jakubMember

Threads:
    It's not that ads have such impact on lives and environment that we can't live without them, it's just that they make us become aware of things we weren't aware of.

9. Shana Peckover

Shana PeckoverMember

Threads:
    We could definitely survive without ads. We might be a little behind the eight ball when new products surface, but the surprise of seeing them at the store would be worth it! Just think, you could watch a television show in its entirety!

10. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    Advertisements can be annoying at times but I have to admit that they can help us in a lot of ways. They can tell us the new products and those that many of us might not be aware of. I've purchased plenty of items just by seeing advertisements from websites and recommendations as well. But before buying anything, I still do some research about the product and look for reviews to see if it's worth the money.

11. iamawriter

iamawriterActive Member

Threads:
    TV channels and sites on the Net survive on Ads Without Ads even consumers will not know much about products that keep coming in the market;. We also get to read reviews about products which have been advertised.
    You are right. We cannot survive without Ads.

12. sommax

sommaxMember

Threads:
    I would say I will survive without ads. Although ads does a pretty good job of making us aware of a products, but not all products that I bought that I got from ads. Some I don't even had a pre-knowledge of it before I bought it. I got some just by just seeing it with someone else or from somewhere.

13. Heatman

HeatmanActive Member

Threads:
    Advertisement is the core of products or any commodity sales. Without advert, a good product will never achieve its full sales worth quantity in the market. Before buying any product, I believe most people would want to be sure it's will give them adequate satisfaction for their money, as nobody enjoys wasting his or her fund.

Before I invest my hard earned money in any product, I must have seen it's worth such investment because getting money today is hard and wasting cash is not encouraging.

14. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    You got a good point there. We also need advertisements so that we are aware of what is on the market. But sometimes I also see products that have no form of advertisement and they just pop up in the shelves of stores, like in supermarkets. I think if the item is a basic need like food, then ads are not required to make sales since people will buy them because they are necessities.