Wearing Aprons Or Overalls

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Denis Hard • Sep 8, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What's the easiest way to remove any stain?

Well there is no easy way and there'd be no need for that to be done if you do not get stains on your clothes in the first place. What happens if the stains can't be removed? Do you stop wearing the clothes?

The easy way to avoid that is by wearing aprons when you cook and overalls when you do any other work: gardening, cleaning The House, doing repairs, etc.

Protect your clothes from stains and tears and you'll save a lot of money in the long run.

2. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Prevention is very definitely the way to go when it comes to stains on clothing.

In fact - although I generally prefer to wear older clothes that still look reasonable - but have gone past their prime - for doing the gardening and grubby jobs around the house - rather than wear overalls - I do more often than not wear an apron when doing things in the kitchen - as it ensures that my clothes stay looking good whilst getting that last bit of wear out of them - before they drop and become rags - which of course not only saves money on overalls but also means that I get every bit of value out of the clothes I buy.

Oh and I would just add - wearing a napkin when eating contributes greatly too

3. Bonnie

BonnieNew Member

Threads:
    Oh my goodness, I have never considered it as a way to save money but you are right. I always wear an apron and own about 6 of them. Putting on an apron is the very first thing I do before starting to prep anything in the kitchen. I've always just thought of it as a habit but now I'm going to smile even more thinking of how I'm saving money by not ruining my clothes.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have tried using the lowest form of muriatic acid to remove those stubborn rust stains, and they were indeed removed, so you guys might want to try that one. As for me, if I know my clothes will get stained or damaged then I will just use my old houseclothes. In fact, that's what I use all the time when I am at home.

5. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I have an apron but I tend to forget to wear it while cooking or baking. Oops. Well, most of the time I don’t wear anything I care too much about while I’m cooking. The same usually goes for other household tasks, but I do wish I’d had a pair of overalls when I was volunteering more regularly at the animal sanctuary. Kittens liked to jump on my back, and sometimes I’d get some scratches even through my clothing. No bueno. So another protective layer would be nice in such situations.