Wearing perfumes

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Peninha • Nov 27, 2014.

1. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHomeActive Member

Threads:
    I very rarely wear heavy or expensive perfumes.
    I choose body mists, body sprays or very light "watered down" perfumes instead about 99% of the time. I do not have allergies to perfumes but I have been in situations where people have either over done theirs or just wore too strong of one and it gave me a headache.
    I am a smoker so I try to cover that scent as much as I can. Light clean scented body sprays and lotions do the trick without setting off my friend's allergies, or being "too much" and they are much less expensive.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not a huge fan of having to look for perfumes. That part of the process is annoying. But when it comes to actually smelling perfumes on other people - if they are pleasant to the senses anyway - then I don't mind. I find that a person's personal smell usually allows whatever scent the perfume is to take on a life of its own.

3. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    It is funny you say this because I don't wear it either for the same reason. It irritates my skin if I put it directly on it. I also get such a bad headache if I am wearing it. I can sit near people who aren't wearing too much for a short period of time and I am okay. However, after a while it makes me nauseous and gives me the worst headaches.

4. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I used to wear perfume when I was in my 20's. There were certain perfumes I loved the scent of. Now that I'm older I find that most perfumes can be quite strong and depending on where I am a bit offensive. I work in a school that has a no perfume rule due to some teachers having allergies. So now I really notice when people are wearing colognes and perfumes. I prefer a scent free workplace. I find that some very strong cheap perfumes will give me a headache if I'm around the smell too long.

5. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    Perfumes are OK just as long as it's not too strong. There is one person I know that wears perfrume so strong that when the person leaves the room, I can still smell the perfume. The worst part is that it's not even good perfume. It smells horrible and cheap. I know some people are allergic and have skin problems that wouldn't allow them to wear perfume and that is why if I wear perfume I won't spray much out of consideration for others.

6. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not longer wearing perfumes, not because they dislike me or cause me allergies, but I can't afford to buy those that I like.

I prefer expensive perfumes because these seems to last longer in my skin, and I like strong fragrances because those perfumes with subtle aroma disappear within an hour after applying them.

Usually I like to buy Givenchy perfumes, and depends on my mood the chose of on one of them.

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I love perfume and oils and have used both. I like Oscar De La Renta Eau De Toilette the best when I can afford it. If not I buy CVS Beauty Essence brand I like the Japanese Garden scent. I was lucky to go to Walmart when they were setting up an isle for new items for Christmas and found a 1oz for just $1! Got 2 bottles and am quite happy with them. Some of you are so right they don't last too long, but they are enough for me. I found on amazon rose and musk oils that I love too. I don't know anyone that's allergic to scents so far.

8. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love perfume and never let my stash run out! I always have 4-5 at any given time. Last week I went window shopping with a work colleague and we wandered to the perfume section of this department store.....My oh my! we both fell in love with the Burberry perfume, My Burberry. I can't wait to have enough money to get my hands on that perfume! The scent and the packaging are ON POINT for me :)

9. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One of the perfumes that I always really liked, and can never find any more , is musk oil. Rather than a perfume, it came in a little bottle, and just a drop or two would last all day. I love the smell of musk; but it is one of those fragrances that people either love or hate, I think.
    Plus, any kind of perfume smells different on each person, so what might smell good to me when I wear it, might smell bad to someone else when they wore it. I have a friend who loves a perfume called Sand and Sable.
    On her , it smelled divine; so I got some, and on me , it didn't smell nearly as good. I ended up giving her the bottle that I had bought.
    I always try to test a perfume before I buy it, because sometimes it will smell okay when you out it on, and then as the fragrance mellows, it is different.

10. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you are allergic to perfumes then you surely are lucky. I have been wearing perfume since I got a job. It is one of my luxuries in life. After a bath in the morning, dressing up includes a perfume spray that would last me until night. A good scent gives me a fresh feeling. And my perfume are real perfumes, the expensive ones which are mostly gifts to me by my husband and family. And when I get a bonus from our office, I never fail to buy an expensive perfume for myself.

11. Lushlala

Threads:

I hate it when one of my favourite products disappears off the face of the earth! But I was wondering if you'd checked online? Unless you're looking for a specific brand, a quick Google search throws up a lot of results for both musk oil perfume or musk fragrance essential oil. I'm a fan of the Bodyshop essential oils, and they too seem to have it. Have a look at what I found on Amazon:

I hope you find what you're after :)

12. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I wear perfume every time I go out and I don't see anything wrong with it, at least for me. In fact, I love it when people I'm with smells nice and it's always better to talk with someone who's fragrant compared to others that don't. I also like to collect different perfumes for different occasions, as well as colognes.

It's kind of weird that some people doesn't like the smell of perfumes. I can understand that some hate the smell of perfumes that are way overpowering to our noses but those that have mild fragrances? They're just the best smell in the world as far as I'm concerned.

13. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thank you SO much, Lushlala ! I ended up looking on both Amazon (don't know why that didn't occur to me before ?) and on eBay as well, and found musk oil on both websites. I ended up getting some that I found on eBay and I am very happy with it.
    I think that this does not last as long as the variety that I used to buy; but there were a lot of different options; so I will probably end up eventually ordering several kinds of musk oil perfume and see which one I prefer.

14. Lushlala

Threads:
    Aww it's a pleasure, @Happyflowerlady@Happyflowerlady :) I'm glad I could be of some help. It's such a shame that a lot of brands will sometimes change their formulations, even if there's absolutely nothing wrong with the current products! Sometimes you even find the newer versions are of lesser quality. Oh well, at least you have something. I'm happy for you :)