Weather Forecasts

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by sunnyside • Jun 21, 2016.

1. sunnyside

sunnysideActive Member

Threads:
    Do you follow the daily weather forecasts? How accurate do you find them to be?

I would watch the weather forecast most days especially when we are in the rainy season, to get an idea of what kind of weather is expected for the next day, especially if I have plans on going out somewhere. There are times when the forecast would be very close to the weather that we actually get, but at other times it is way off so we cannot always predict what type of weather we will get each day. However, if I know that we are in the rainy season, I would still take along my umbrella if I have to go out anywhere.

How accurate is the weather forecast where you live? Is it right most of the time and can you plan your activities around it?

2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep, do like to know the weather and do look at the local and national weather all the time. I like to follow it and have it on my facebook and twitter so I can get up to the minute forecast knowledge all the time and like to share it with others that follow for their safety and well being too. I do plan things around the weather and when I have an appointment and since I bus it I pray for good weather when I'm out and about too for added measure! I read in the Bible Mathew 1:1 about the weather ...and it works!!!

3. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I did when I lived in Boston and I needed to know if it was going to rain or snow in the winter. It made a huge difference! If I just winged it that meant I might have lugged around a snow jacket all for nothing. I had to make sure that I was prepared for my whole day.

4. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually check the weather everyday, where I live the weather can be quite unpredictable. So, I check it often to make sure what to expect when I go out. Most of the times the weather predictions seem to be quite accurate, although there has been a few, very few times where the weather prediction was off but not by much. Just a few weeks ago they predicted a 20 percent chance of rain and it was a lot more then they predicted.

5. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    I strive to watch the weather forecast daily. Currently, I watch it to judge what the heat index will be where I live in Texas. Our temperature feels any where from 103 to 108 degrees these days. I keeping hoping we will get a break and get some good rain. That would be nice.

6. hades_leae

hades_leaeActive Member

Threads:
    2 days this week the weather app said it was going to be very sunny and clear. It rained, and there was a storm that created a flood zone almost throughout the whole city.

All the streets were in 3 inches of water, and there was a major black out, some neighbors hoods had streets that paved downwards that created points int he road that were 3 foot deep full of water, you could barely see in the distant because the water was coming down so hard.

Plus the rain was blowing side ways literally, and it hurt my skin...yes I was caught in it like an idiot. I thought it was going to be a tornado.

Some weather app.

7. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    I follow the weather and I like to say, I think the forecast is pretty accurate. I'm talking about a forecast from the weather channel or the local news, not some of these random weather apps. My daughter and I were planning on going somewhere( we're car free right now), so she checks the weather on her phone and it calls for a nice sunny day. However, we see clouds and decide not to take our little trip and guess what.....the weather was awful! It stormed all day long.