Web Hosting Payment Method

Discussion in Payment Methods started by Jasmin Cottontail • Jan 16, 2017.

1. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I'm currently in search of a web hosting website which offers low rates and has a good support system. Also looking for one that accepts Paypal as their payment method. I've checked some like Blue Host but I think Blue Host does not accept PayPal payment. Do you guys happen to know any? Thanks! :)

2. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    I have been using GoDaddy for my hosting my blog site for almost 6 years now. The fee is very affordable. You can select your own domain name and take its terms and conditions. Every year it has a promo which is very ideal for a short budget. Lately I had renewed my site for $10 that is good for one year web hosting through my PayPal account. It could renew this December 2017.

3. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    Really? I've heard of GoDaddy as well but haven't checked their terms yet. What about their support? Did you encounter any troubles or hiccups with their hosting for the past 6 years of using their services? And if in any case you're familiar with BlueHost, how will you compare GoDaddy to it? $10 for 1 year is very affordable and I can definitely afford it :D

4. Jessika

JessikaActive Member

Threads:
    GoDaddy was cheap, which I know because we used them for years. The support was actually very good, which surprised me, but they always offer cheap intro deals then increase the price when you renew. Their current rate is an intro rate of 1.99 a month, but it jumps to 4.99 on renewal. They are not the cheapest host out there, although their service level may make up for it to you.

One thing with Paypal is that we've had a few problems with hosters not taking the recurring payment out of the account, despite there being funds in the account and everything being set up with both Paypal and the hoster. You may have to check monthly to make sure your account has been paid.

5. kaka135

kaka135Active Member

Threads:
    I have been using Exabytes for more than 6 years and I have been paying via PayPal annually. So far, I am satisfied with them. The reason I chose Exabytes because there is a data center in my country, and it is well established. The customer service is good, and the support is promptly too. But I guess the price is much higher as compared to GoDaddy, from what others have stated above.

6. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to webhosting the only site I have used is Godaddy they have excellent customer services and the cost per domain is moderate, I do not consider them expensive. One other good thing they accept payment by use of PayPal a method I gathered is not possible with some other host sites. Even I'm planing to get two more domains from Godaddy soon.

7. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    I, too, am interested in starting my own blog. I already have some ideas for niche blogs. I've been scouting around for the best rates in domain name and web hosting and many are recommending GoDaddy for the cheap starting prices. I did notice though that they actually raise prices upon renewal. I am torn between being brave and starting with a serious package with the view of making the blog a big thing (not realistic though) or just paying for the most basic web hosting services from local resellers for my start up blog. I don't want to start blogging and pouring my heart out on free blogging platforms. Yes, domain name is quite cheap with GoDaddy but it's the web hosting that hurts. There are local web hosts that accept Paypal payments though I'd rather make the deposit or pay upfront as they're located in my work area. Do update us @Jasmin Cottontail@Jasmin Cottontail if you've found a web host.

8. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Actually, the net is loaded with hosting companies for 1 USD a month, and I bet the support on many of them is as good as something from a brand-name company. Why do I say that? Well, these small guys are engaged in fierce competition, so every customer means a lot.

Anyhow, though, if we are referring to big-name companies, then I'd say all of them offer decent rates and good support. However, occasionally, you might get an incredible special, like the one with Green Geeks where shared hosting is only 3.95 a month with a contract of a couple of years.

9. kingcool52

kingcool52Active Member

Threads:
    I'm sure there are several hosting companies out there that accept PayPal but I don't think any of the big companies accept them. I know GoDaddy accept PayPal but only if you are actually paying with a credit card or have a credit card linked to the PayPal account. Quite a lot of hosting companies have cheap rates for the first year. I posted some discount codes for GoDaddy hosting here (

).

10. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    @kingcool52@kingcool52 That's strange. I thought everyone just accepted PayPal with no strings attached. In fact, I don't know anyone anywhere who doesn't take PayPal. Nonetheless, I heard some women complaining they couldn't use PayPal because they needed a bank account. However, I found this odd - cause they all had full-time jobs they had been working at for years. :rolleyes:

#10Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  11. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    @Jamille@Jamille If you want to just claim your domain name cheaper and fast, you can give GoDaddy a go since GoDaddy offers cheap and affordable packages. However, the only thing is that the renewal prices (just like what you've mentioned) since it would be higher than your 1st year. If you're planning to run your website for more than 3 years, I recommend you to check NameCheap. My friend just purchase his domain in NameCheap for only $10 for a year and I think he also got a discount because of his coupon. Then he use HostGator for web hosting since they also offer affordable packages and good customer service :) I'm planning to get mine as well soon :D Hope this helps!

#11Apr 24, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2017
  12. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I've been looking around too, and it seems to me that many if not most of the popular hosting services offer an introductory special. You get the first year for a low price,, but all the ones I've seen so far do increase the rates when you go to renew. So, it's not just one of the ones mentioned, it's many of them that do this. I have seen some that will let you lock in the low rate if you purchase hosting for like 3 years at a time (instead of just paying for one year up front).

I guess they figure that by the time your renewal date rolls around, you'll be established enough and earning enough to pay the higher price for hosting.

13. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    I think you will really like Namecheap. Namecheap has one of the lowest hosting rate, for less than $11 per year, you can host upto 3 websites. Namecheap also accepts paypal, good thing about Namecheap paypal payment is verified paypal account is not a requirement.

14. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    @luri@luri That's not a good deal. Note, you can probably find people giving the same rate who will allow you host as many domains as you'd like. It's not really a big sacrifice to the host cause on cPanel, the hosting control panel for users, there is a special section that allows people to add-on domains.

On top of that fact, Namecheap taking PayPal is nothing special. Nearly all hosting companies take it.

#14May 21, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2017
  15. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    Hawkhost seems to be the one that accepts the paypal. They have a good hosting uptime. And compared to hostgator and bluehost, they are far more better on customer support. So you can benefit from their hosting. Apart from that you can also get into racksapce. They seem to accept the paypal too. And then there is Linode and Digital Ocean. They are also accepting paypal.

16. Jamille

JamilleActive Member

Threads:
    For the first year, Namecheap offers a low cost promo of $9.88 20 GB storage space and unlimited bandwidth that can host up to 3 domains. However, the renewal price for this plan after the first year is $38.88 and this may not be attractive for people who are just starting a simple blog, or a resume/profile blog. You can't even lock the $9.88/year price to a 3-year plan like those offered by GoDaddy, bluehost, or hostgator.

17. akshaychouhan785

akshaychouhan785Member

Threads:
    These are the two big names in web-hosting providing bussiness which now accept PayPal payment.

Bluehost
    Hostgator

I'm also currently looking for a good web-hosting provider which suffice all my needs and I found these two as the best shared hosting providers with very affordable price and claiming to give 99.9% uptime with very fast site loading speeds. I also read reviews about the kind of support they provide and there seems to be everything alright with both service providers.

18. annitha

annithaActive Member

Threads:
    GoDaddy has a Paypal payment option and they are affordable and easy to use. I read a few negative feedback about their hosting plans being slow and similar, but nothing too much to be honest and it was ages ago.
    Try to see with them, I think they even have 1 dollar deals from time to time for the new users.