Websites (smaller Stores - Not Big Box Stores) That You Recommend

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Feedia • Nov 23, 2016.

1. Feedia

FeediaNew Member

Threads:
    I used to be really into the 'Deal of the Day' websites that used to be around. Not Groupon or Living Social type websites, but other sites like Woot or Tanga.
    I still really enjoy finding unique items or deals from smaller stores online that actually take some work to find! I would love to discover some new ones! Please share them here.

2. Feedia

FeediaNew Member

Threads:
    Since there are no replies yet, I'll start with a few that I used to use.
    I used to buy a lot from Cowboom and another site called NoBetterDeal......but they both shut down this last year.
    I would love to find some good computer or electronics discount stores!

3. Binu

BinuActive Member

Threads:
    I always trust the well established online stores. I usually don't shop on small stores. Since online fraud is very common, I take a lot of precaution while shopping online. I have never heard about Cowboom or NoBetterDeal, how that I have heard about these sites, I will still avoid them because I cannot trust any Tom, Dick and Harry.

4. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    Very true. I too avoid small stores mainly because of security issues. Moreover, most of them would not be rich enough to give us good discounts like eBay or Amazon. Sites like eBay or Amazon are very customer friendly and they will make every possible efforts to be as a customer sensitive organization. They don't want to loose the brand image that has been built over the years through dedication and hard work.

There are many small shopping sites that give incredible offers and most of them are owned and controlled by cyber criminals. Once you order a costly item by paying cash in advance you are not going to hear from them again. Most of them do not accept credit or debit card payment but ask for money through direct bank transfer. They do this trick because these payments are not easily traceable.

5. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    When we speak of smaller store, it means its capital investment is also small, its circulation is limited. Meaning there is a big difference as compared to the online store which is already established and known. Small store could likely be not trusted generally. However, I may recommend you to purchase at Lazada, an online store which is my favorite store where I have bought some of my needs from footwear to electronics, computer, etc.

6. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Isn’t it scary to buy from small online stores? You are exposing yourself to the probability of scams. Most scammers in the internet are the small businesses that’s why we only buy from reputable and established online stores like Amazon (and Lazada in our country). Although we also buy from smaller online stores but we make a research and try to get a feedback of clients. It’s regrettable to be scammed online like what happened to one of my relatives. She bought a fake handbag that looked real but it’s not just the bag that is fake but also the store. After a month of following up her purchase that she had already paid, the store did not respond anymore and later on the site cannot be found.

7. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    You should do some research on the store before you buy I think,but yes their are some good niche stores and only these smaller stores really sell what you are looking for sometimes. There are some really cool shops to find that unique gift online,but make sure you do a bit of research on them,I would recommend.