Wedding Guest Dress From Amazon

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by doubleux • May 30, 2016.

1. doubleux

doubleuxNew Member

Threads:
    A few friends recently went to a wedding and were browsing for dresses on Amazon. I found this so weird, I mean really...we have the mall and department stores, but they assured me this is a good and cheap alternative when looking for formal dresses for a wedding, banquet, etc. What they do is find a few dresses that are well priced and order them using Amazon Prime for the free shipping. They try on the outfits and keep what they like. What they don't like, they send back. Has anyone ever tried this before? If so, was it successful enough for you to recommend or did you find any hiccups?

2. Sandy Mayfield

Sandy MayfieldMember

Threads:
    As long as the products have good descriptions, pictures, and a sizing chart it could be a good way to try multiple things for someone who is shy or isn't comfortable shopping in a Mall or using fitting rooms. Also, if the person is very busy (work, school, kids, etc) and doesn't have enough time to spend hours searching outside of the home it could be a good way as well. I would think it would be the same as shopping online at different clothing stores.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No, i've personally not done it, but I can see the appeal. It's convenient, quick and discrete, so why not? You'd probably even snap up some bargains on Amazon. It's good that they also accept returns, in the event that you don't like the stuff or it doesn't fit. I would definitely do it if I had a need for it :)

4. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I have never tried doing this. I just attended a wedding last week and I bought my dress from the mall. Personally, I love shopping in malls and department stores because I can fit the dress or clothes and see if they look good on me. With online shopping, you'd have to take a guess at times as the sizing isn't always on point, nor is the colour or design. Lighting can affect how the dress or clothes look in pictures.

However, I can see the convenience of it. You won't need to line up or pay for transportation. If you have your own credit card, then I guess it's fine. As long as you can return the item, there's not much problem. Although it can be a hassle to have to return the items that you didn't like.

I guess it depends on the person. I still prefer seeing the dress personally but others are okay with just seeing the dress online. Plus, I'm not that busy since I work from home so a trip to the mall is okay with me.

5. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know if I would do it quite like that, but yeah. I have no problem shopping online for a dress and getting a deal from Amazon. With free shipping, you save even more money, because you don't spend gas money and you don't end up buying extras or snacks or drinks like you might do if you went out shopping.

I have some physical challenges as well, so I find it extremely convenient.

I like to read reviews to see if the sizing is accurate. I prefer sizing that uses measurements instead of typically numbered sizes or the small, medium, large thing (I'm somewhat... busty), so this is helpful in determining the proper fit.

6. Nero-Bianco

Nero-BiancoMember

Threads:
    I definitely do this for many of my clothing items. I'm not sure I would do it for special event clothing, such a wedding guest dresses though, I would want to try more things on for this kind of event.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would be a bit scared to get the dress online due to sizing and fitting. I would probably get it a size bigger than normal and with a good time to spare til the wedding so that I could send it to get fitted.