Weight Watchers?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by isabbbela • Nov 19, 2015.

1. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I need urgently to go on a diet, I have gained 20 pounds only in the last year! I am in desperate need of losing some weight, but I've been incredibly anxious and eating a lot.
    Have you ever used Weight Watchers? I need to lose weight for good, so I wanted to do it the right way.

2. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have tried many things over the years, especially each time I had a child (I have four). I've found that diets don't really cut it. You really just need to cut your calorie intake and burn more calories. You don't have to buy into any program to do that. There is so much free information online that I'm confident that you can find something that will work for you.

I've changed my eating habits to include fewer carbs and add more fiber. It's made a big difference. Not a diet, per se, but it works.

3. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I have never used them and don't intend to. A waste of money in my opinion. I'd much rather spend it on personal exercise equipment. Losing weight is really not about who you talk to, or what you spend stuff on. Anything you need to lose weight can be researched online.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I had also ballooned from 110 pounds to 160 pounds but in a long period of time. When you suddenly gain weight, something may be wrong in your metabolism. One close friend who retired when she was 50 years got bloated from her 130 pounds to 200 pounds. But instead of seeking medical advice, she just ignored her weight. Now she is almost 300 pounds and at 70 years old, there is no way to diet anymore.

5. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    To be honest as following fad diet plans or joining diet groups - rarely ever proves to be a long term solution where weight gain is concerned - particularly as being overweight is generally the end result of eating more calories than the body actually needs over a long period of time and is therefore - not something that can be changed in an instant - as there are no miracle cures or special diets that will solve the problem - it would in theory - actually be way better if wanting to succeed - to focus more on learning how to adopt a healthy lifestyle - consisting of regular exercise and eating a healthy well balanced diet containing a wide variety of natural nutrient dense foods - eaten in moderation rather than to excess - than it would be to look for diet plans or diet groups to join.

Especially as there really is no reason not to - as not only is there an abundance of information on how to adopt a healthy lifestyle - available from reputable organisations at your fingertips via the internet - but more importantly - as leading a healthy lifestyle and eating a diet full of natural nutrient rich foods helps to keep weight in check naturally - you will never have to worry about trying to lose excess weight ever again - plus there is the added bonus that by doing that - you'll be investing in your health too.

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Weight Watchers isn't healthy.. it's just a starvation method of being able to eat garbage, in my opinion. Last time I looked anyway. My mother used to turn to them, lose a bunch of weight and gain it back plus a lot more. It was just starving. You can keep cutting your calories.. but you eventually have to stop or obviously you'll die.. and whatever you're eating when you stop cutting better be healthful foods, or you'll gain it all back. And if you're eating healthful foods, there is no point in groups and diets, because now you're eating the way you're meant to and the weight will sort itself out anyway.

You need to check your relationship with food and decide what's most important.. your health/weight.. or the flavour you get from your favourite processed foods. You need to relearn how to love real foods and keep reminding yourself why you're eating them instead of what you've been conditioned to love. In a short time, your taste buds will adjust and you'll be a lean, mean, eating machine lol. It's not how much you eat.. it's WHAT you're eating. Of course you can get big on eating too much of anything.. but I dare you to gain weight on a proper, healthful diet. You would have to eat soooooo much lol. But most people don't follow through for themselves, because flavour is more important. So again, you have to decide which is more important to you.. and realize the flavour thing sorts itself out once you're healthy.

7. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I would say that you don't need weight watchers. I've been to one of their meetings once with a friend and I didn't like it. They are only going to tell you what you already know and then sell you their products. I would say to talk to your doctor and he can help to see all the factors that come into your weight gain. It could be stress, hormone in balance, or anything else. I would say that it's better to ween off the junk food vs allowing a day or two when you allow your self some junk food but then you go overboard because you decided to go cold turkey. You can also try substituting your favorite treats. Like for instance if you like cake try adding some fruit and dark chocolate to something like a angel food cake. Or if you like ice cream you can try frozen yogurt with your favorite fruits and nuts.

8. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    These types of clubs offer support and information. If you have a friend to do this with, it's not much different. It's about planning your meals and being motivated and sticking to the plan. You should do it gradually by reducing portion sizes and then choosing the right kinds of food, then to do some gentle exercise.

The important thing is to hydrate. If you need to snack have a mug of soup. It will fill you up and stop the hunger pangs.

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Again.. it's about starving as seen by the above post. Hunger is your body telling you you're depriving it. Please don't deprive your body. Stop trying to "trick it" when it's sending you a very clear message. Please listen to it. If you're hungry, eat.. always eat.. it's a matter of what you're putting into it. So if you put the wrong things in there, expect another message from your body. If you keep reading it wrong, expect more yoyoing. If you have to trick your body, you're doing it wrong. It knows far better than you...

10. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Diets may work in the short term but what happens when you return to your usual pattern of eating? The weight just piles back on. Instead, you need to make permanent lifestyle changes, such as eating correctly and exercising regularly to give yourself a decent chance of losing the weight and keeping it off.