Wells Fargo

Discussion in Bank Accounts started by yambfas • Dec 11, 2013.

1. yambfas

yambfasMember

Threads:
    Does anyone bank with Wells Fargo. I was with Wachovia, who I liked, but then they were bought by Wells Fargo. I haven't been happy banking with them. I've read lots of complaints from other people about them. I finally switched last month. We'll see if I'm happier with my new bank.

2. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I used to bank with Wells Fargo a few years ago, which I thought it was good until the one that's nearby my house has changed the people who work in the bank. The customer service wasn't as good as it used to be, which I had to make a new switch to a different bank. The reason I made the switch was that Wells Fargo tended to charge a lot of fees, which I had no club of. I ended up leaving Wells Fargo for this reason.

3. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I absolutely hate Wells Fargo. A few years ago I opened an account with them online. Here is what happened. First, they sent my physical checks to my EX-husbands address, who btw is a thief anyway. They send my pin number to my current husbands work address and they mailed my debit card to my mother in law! The pin number and debit card were not so much of a problem, however I did not want my ex husband having access to my checks! I was furious, also on the account, even though I signed up with my new married name, they put my ex husbands last name on my account. I immediately went to the bank and talked to a gentlemen who for some reason, did not understand why I had a problem with this. I told him I had to cancel my account immediately because of the check situation. He then did as I wished and wanted to charge me a $10.00 cancellation fee! I was so angry I told him that if he did not waive that fee then I wanted to speak to the manager. Well, the bank manager conveniently was not in. I was fumming by this point. I told him I would take my story to the news, to the BBB and tell everyone I knew what the bank did to me. Ta-Da, as if by magic, he suddenly realized that he DID have the authority to waive the $10.00 fee. I left the bank and never, ever returned.