WEN Hair Cleansing

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Farrah • Jan 19, 2013.

1. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I was just wondering if anyone has tried this product. I have been watching QVC, ( I really need to stop that) and they are making it look so darn good. I am just wondering if it really restores hair like they said it does. Its $29 a bottle, I understand that its a shampoo, conditioner and leave in conditioner all in one but still $29 seems high. Anyone?

2. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I have personally never tried it but my close friends have tried it. They have been recommending it to me ever since and I am also going to give it a try. They claimed to have healthier shiner hair and I can honestly tell a difference. Their hair looks as if they went to the salon everyday so I am convinced!

3. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a little skeptical about it. I've done lots of research on what's good and bad for hair, and I feel like their main drawing point is that it's not a detergent-laden shampoo. That to me makes it no different from the no-poo movement, which advocates using conditioner to clean your hair, or a natural cleanser like vinegar or baking soda. If that's all it is, then it's not worth $29 a bottle.

4. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

It depends on the person i guess i used it and it made my hair full out worse instead of doing any good my friend use it and it made her hair grow quick so i guess it just all depends on the person and their hair.

5. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I've never tried it but I dont think it's something I would like. A friend of mine used it for awhile and while her hair looked nice and clean and healthy, she said she always felt as if her hair was still dirty.

6. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Now I see there is another version of this product being sold at Walgreens called REN. They are selling it for $9.99. Now I am wondering if it is really comparable to WEN. Looks like I am going to have to do the test. I figured that I could order it from QVC, compare it and if I don't like it or don't think its worth it I know QVC will take it back and give me a refund. So, lets see what happens.

7. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    An easier way to do that is to look at the list of ingredients. If the ingredient list is the same, then the products are the same or at least comparable. Then you can just buy the cheaper one.

8. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    I haven't tried it yet but when I do I will be sure to share my experience with everyone. I am doing the same thing you are doing which is researching for more information on this product. The price per bottle is pretty steep and I would hate to waste money on a product that I find useless. I'm certain I will be able to resell it somewhere on ebay but I wouldn't want to do that. I agree, I watch that channel a lot and I too need to stop. I have never ordered anything from that network before and I so desperately want to. Does anyone know the return policy for that network?

9. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    Aren't you not supposed to use it everyday either. I think it's like an every other day thing. So if a normal bottle of shampoo lasts you one month it would last you two. If it really lasts twice as long, then it's like buying a $15 bottle of another shampoo. Which is still pricey.

10. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I had a buddy of mine at work try it and she didnt see very good results. When she tried cancelling it they kept charging her for the other shipments they sent although they came after her cancellation. After over 6 months of debating with them she finally got her refund but they demanded to have their products sent back to them and that she pay for the shipping.

11. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    One could theoretically use a normal bottle of shampoo every other day as well, so it's not really stretching it any further.

12. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried it yet, but I am sure that using natural shampoo would work just as well. Every shampoo in stores has so many chemicals that just cause build up. I like using Hugo Naturals and any seaweed or kelp shampoo. If you have dandruff, try a tea tree shampoo. I do this and deep condition and my hair has been looking amazing. Save that $30 a bottle and use it on something worth while.

13. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I too have seen WEN advertised for years now and have wondered about the product. From what I understand about it, this isn't necessarily a shampoo but more a cleanser for the hair. Which means that it is suppose to benefit the hair more then the common shampoo does. What I am amazed at is the fact that this product has been around for a few years now and there haven't been more similar products brought out by other manufacturers. As mentioned above there is apparently one, that I wasn't aware of till now, but you would think more hair companies such as Clairol would of come out with their own version by now to compete with this product.