Wendy's

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by SarahLizzie • May 2, 2012.

1. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    I am heartbroken over my recent experience at Wendy's. Out of all the fast food restaurant places near my home Wendy's is my favorite, even though we go there maybe once every 2 -3 months. Yesterday evening it was beautiful outside still, so I decided Iw as going to be lazy and not cook dinner. Instead I chose to walk with my daughters down to Wendy's (which is a 5 minute walk from our apartment), figuring the walk back they could each have a small chocolate shake and they would be on cloud nine. The woman who was the cashier there was not very pleasant to begin with. While I was in the middle of placing my order, sh turned her head and spit right onto the floor. The most disgusting then I have ever seen before in my life is hat came out of this woman's mouth, RIGHT ONTO THE FLOOR! And as you all know, that kitchen is RIGHT THERE! The manager was standing right behind her, watched her do it, and ignored it. I stopped where I was in my order and told her to cancel my order.

This has totally ruined Wendy's for me over all. I do not think I will return to a location again. I work as a cook in a busy, high volume, corporate restaurant; if we were to even THINK about doing something that unsanitary we would be terminated immediately just for the mere thought!

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    That is terrible! I think I would report them to the local Health Dept. for doing that! It's too bad because Wendy's is one of the better fast food places. I used to work there many years ago and all of the food was brought in fresh every morning. We even got fresh hamburger buns every day. The hamburger meat was also brought in fresh. We had a crew that it would take about two hours do do all the prep work. The only thing that came into the store frozen was the fries.

3. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    Whaaat?! I wouldn't tribute this to Wendy's as it could have happened anywhere, but still, how sick! Something like that should be reported. What is wrong with that supervisor to just watch it happen? Makes you wonder what else goes on that is ignored or overlooked.

4. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    Where do they find these people? I know the managers have heard complaints about this worker before, but he/she refuses to terminate them. I couldn't eat at Wendy's because the last time I went there the bacon tasted like rubber. You have people spitting on the floor, imagine what they do when you're not there. It's just disgusting that they hire the lowest of the low at these fast food chains. I guess that's why they have fine dining, but I've heard nasty stories about them too.

#4May 5, 2012
    Last edited: May 7, 2012
  5. deecee

deeceeActive Member

Threads:
    I agree that perhaps you should call the Health Department. However, it isn't fair to stop eating at all Wendy's branches because this one unit is poorly run. A fast food store is only as good as the management. With those kinds of things going on, it is only a matter of time until the manager is replaced.

6. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    Wendy's is one of the fast food places I will not frequent where I live. I've gone there a few times and every single time my experience has not been good. I like the food and all but the people working there make it hard for me to go in and enjoy it. They are so grumpy. I actually had one worker get on my case when I politely asked for someone to come clean up a spill in the lobby (it wasn't even my spill either).

7. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Here's the thing about Wendys - they have great food and awful customer service. You just have to decide what is more important. As far as the sanitation it's fast food. When I was in high school I got to hear all about the sanitation skeletons in every fast food resturant around. For instance I know that a certain Hardees has roaches in the same storage as their bread and thawing meet. They also have rats. In a certain McDonalds the ice tea machine generally has ants crawling into it and drowning. Another McDonalds had an outbreak of e-coli. So yeah I really try not to think about especially since I've work in manufacturing food cartons and know just how filthy those things are.