Wet Canned Food Recommendations

Discussion in Pets started by chiofthenorns • Oct 26, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I am running our of wet canned food kinds to feed my cats. They are very picky, so after a few days, they stop eating whatever food I give them. If you have a cat what do you feed him or her? Thanks for all the suggestions!

2. sthrngypsy

sthrngypsyActive Member

Threads:
    My cats don't prefer pate. They like anything with gravy, shreds, chunks, or slices. Some cats are the opposite. Anyway brands I like: Felidae, Natural Balance, Nutro, Wellness, Evo. ANY wet cat food, even the cheapest, is better than ANY dry food, even the most expensive. Cats fed an exclusively dry diet are not getting enough water and it can often negatively affect t heir health.

3. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    I found this recipe online which looks pretty good but I haven't tried it yet myself:
    (it is translated from French)
    2 lbs whole rabbit carcass, 1.5 pounds chicken or other meat
    2 eggs
    Fish oil, Vitamen B, Vitamen E (from one capsule each)
    1 tsp salt with iodine
    Grind all ingredients together then bake at 350 degrees. Then the person who posted it, cans the food herself for future use. She also has an industrial strength grinder so that she can chop up the bone in small pieces and then she is not as concerned about cooking it. But I read somewhere else that if you wanted to give your pet bones like 'chicken bones' you could soften the bones first and then add them to the food. I hope this gives you some ideas anyways.