What Affects Your Shopping Decisions? The Price Or The Quality?

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by mildredtabitha • Oct 14, 2017.

1. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    I mostly look for a low price on items. It is good to buy things we can afford but it is not good to buy low quality goods because they are cheaper.

I always compare the quality of an item at 2 to 3 stores and always try to buy the cheapest if the quality is same. It is easy to save when we always shop for cheaper things but we can end up spending a lot when we buy the same item over and over again.

It is advisable to buy a high quality item which is expensive because it will last and we will never have to worry about repairing costs. :D

What affects your shopping decisions? The price or the quality?

2. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    For groceries I don't mind buying the cheap items, since it's food anyway and the worst thing that could happen is that I won't like how it tastes, lol. For electronic items, I make it a point to buy the branded ones to ensure that it will last. For apparel, it's usually a mix of branded and cheap items. Sometimes I even buy 2nd hand clothes.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I go shopping in the mall, it's usually the price consideration that matters more. Maybe 80% of my purchases depended on the price tag. But when it comes to food items especially meat, fish and vegetables, the quality is paramount. There are times that we buy expensive prawns because of the freshness. The same with steak, we prefer the sirloin which is costly.

4. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    For me it really depends on the prices. I can except slightly damage products as long as it is not to the point to where it is slowly breaking apart. Quality is important no doubt, but sometimes we don't always have the luxury of buying quality products so we need to try and settle a bit.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I look for both things when shopping and found a treasure trove when you buy store brand which have been pleasantly surprisingly very good quality and most food lower in sugar so, healthier too! CVS has Gold Emblem, Walmart has Great Value and Equate then there is Walgreens's brand too. I like the cost which is so much cheaper for the same product, but I wondered about the quality. I buy one store brand product to try first after reading the label and saw what I like. I like the quality and price of store brand products. Safeway has Lucerne Signature Cafe and from Safeway Kitchen all delicious and goes on sale all the time, thus saving money and having all the things you'll need.

6. mildredtabitha

mildredtabithaActive Member

Threads:
    You have grouped well. It all depends with the item you need. With foods, there is nothing like high quality. It is either rotten or fresh. I also buy second hand clothes and shoes sometimes as long as it will last.

This point is true. It is better to buy expensive groceries which are fresh than buy cheap ones which have been burned by the sun or have stayed longer in fridge. I believe quality is important than price when it comes to food.

7. BMT1014

BMT1014Member

Threads:
    I am very practical when buying foods and clothes. I only shop in the mall if there is a big sale. When it comes to clothes and shoes, I prefer to buy branded but I only buy it if it is on sale especially if it is 50% to 70% off. When it comes to food I don't care if it is too expensive as long as it is fresh. I also prefer branded hypo-allergenic cosmetics since I have a sensitive skin. When it comes to fruits, I only buy a fruit that is in seasons because it is cheap. When I buy electrical wirings or tools, I prefer branded with ICC approved to avoid an accident at home or electrical circuit that can cause a fire. I only buy cheap products when it comes to school supplies, bags, plastic wares, house decorations, and some things that are not necessary.

8. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I echo some of the thoughts expressed here. Things like electronic gadgets and some household things, you should always go for quality or price. For other items like food or clothes, you can bend a little bit. If you hunt around for bargains for food and clothes, you will save a lot of money and can even get quality products along with that.

9. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    Money is always a relevant fator (after all... if you don't have it, you don't buy anything), but quality is always a superior factor for me (I never really give up on it).

10. juan dela cruz

juan dela cruzMember

Threads:
    I always look for low priced items when I am shopping. I look for cheap disposable and consumable products like food, detergent, bath essentials and others. On my opinion spending 5 dollars for a soap that lasts 1 week will have the same results for a soap that costs 10 dollars. As long as the items can still serve what they are meant to be then I am going to purchase items that are cheaper than the others.

When buying electronics like mobile phone I will always go for quality even it is expensive. I spend more money to those things that I will be using for longer duration.

11. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I believe that the quality should be the major concern in this situation. There have been instances where persons have bought pricey items because they may have believed that because of the price, the item was of a good quality but we should be aware that quality may demand a high price but it does not necessarily follow that a high price will guarantee quality because there will be people that may try to fleece you if they can, therefore, it's the quality of the item which will influence the price that I would be willing to pay for it

12. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Quality first and then the price for me. Basically if it's not worth the money then I won't buy it. Sometimes cheap isn't worth it or in the case of food doesn't taste so good. Take an expensive gourmet biscuit, that will cost more but will taste better than a plain and basic one. These days all companies have to be competitive and therefore some prices will be affordable with higher end goods as generic items are becoming better quality. Just look at Aldi and Lidl as their quality is better than some brands and is a lot cheaper, so a win win.