What Appliance Brand Do You Use?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by gracer • Jan 22, 2016.

1. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    Whenever I buy household appliances like TV, Components etc, I usually prefer buying brands such as Sony, Panasonic or Samsung. I also like the Korean brand LG because they're long lasting. When it comes to my refrigerator, I still prefer GE over other brands.

I always consider how long the appliances last and so far, with utmost care and maintenance, those are the brands that I personally prefer. There are a lot of cheaper brands coming out in the market nowadays but nothing beats the quality of the tried and tested older brands.

How about you guys, what brands of appliances do you use at home?

2. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have always liked Samsung and whatever house appliances we buy, they are almost always Samsung. Other than the fact that Samsung is a well known and trusted brand, their products tend to look very easy on the eye and also last for years. The same goes for computers and mobile phones....we prefer Apple like most people, but Samsung is a close second.

3. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    We just bought all new kitchen appliances. I bought a Samsung stove and fridge, my dishwasher is Bosch and a Panasonic microwave. I loved the look of the Samsung appliances and I wanted an induction stove which Samsung is suppose to be a leader in induction stoves. I went with a Bosch dishwasher as I was told it was well made and extremely quiet. I do like the appliances. I'm just wondering how long they will last. My old appliances were GE Profile and very well made. I would recommend GE appliances to anyone. I never had a problem with them in 15 years. I'm curious to see how well the Samsung appliances hold up.

4. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I live in an apt. that's partly furnished and don't have any choice even when it breaks. I like stainless steel if I had my own place and wait for sales and check reviews. My home will go with prices mainly. I look at sale prices, then if the brand is unfamiliar I check BBB, reviews and comments and then make my decision. Our home is on a so tight budget we look for price more than brand.

5. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    I also think that GE is really a long lasting brand. I remember my mother's old fridge was GE and it lasted for more than 20 years. I was still very small when she bought it and up until my college years we've been using it. Samsung is the brand my family prefers when it comes to cellphones and other gadgets. I find the designs of Samsung gadgets and appliances very classy and elegant.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't favor any particular brand but I do have a few brands I avoid. Mostly I just buy whatever is within my price range even if the brand isn't too well known unless it is an appliance that I would prefer to be assured of the quality but most of the time I am okay with sacrificing or risking a bit of the quality because the cheaper ones are way cheaper to the point where I wouldn't mind too much that they break down easier as long as I know that I can get enough use out of them before they break that I can feel my money's worth.

7. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not loyal to a particular appliance brands. I do however, generally read reviews before purchasing something major. I generally like the Kenmore brand and most of the appliances in here are Kenmore. I insisted my dishwasher be Kenmore because I had massive problems with the Maytag I had before and it did not last long at all!

8. gracer

gracerActive Member

Threads:
    You have a good point there. :) I guess as long as it lasts for a period of time and you wouldn't feel so bad when the cheaper appliances break down, then there's no problem at all. There have been many cheaper brands of appliances coming out in the market nowadays and they could also be worth the try. I'm actually considering buying a slim TV from a not-so-known brand one of these days because it's way cheaper than the other well-known brands.

9. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    With TVs I guess I'd be okay with the midrange Chinese brands that I know are popular enough in my area that I can be more assured of the quality. Mostly I'm just very careful with large appliances like washing machines and refrigerators where I would prefer they last as long as possible so I'm not too hesitant to pay a high price for a good brand. Same goes for anything I'll be using for food. For example, I had a choice between getting a known brand and a lesser known brand for my electric kettle and I went with a popular brand because the difference isn't too much and I prefer to be more sure of the quality of the materials being used for my water.

10. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would also like to patronize just one brand of appliances particularly GE which was our brand since I was young. However, appliances now have different features and different discounts. Our tv in our bedroom s a Samsung which we bought in December 2014. Just this month, we bought another tv for our living room. Samsung was not available so we settled for a Sharp Aquos. They are both 40 inches in dimension.

11. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    There are preferences that I have on certain electronics and appliances. For appliances I prefer Whirlpool, except I found a Frigidaire
    which cost less than the Whirlpool with the same features. I have always been drawn to Sony for televisions and other entertainment equipment. The only Samsung appliance that I have is a microwave which was my mother's. She has had it for years and it still works like a dream. I would consider this brand in the future.

12. juancarlos

juancarlosMember

Threads:
    I think matching appliances are the way to go.. For the kitchen in our new house, we went with Stainless steel, and all Frigidaire. I think it just looks better if they are all the same style and brand. The Jfoods have designed three kitchens for personal use and my wife designs kitchen for a living. This is an easy decision and is the first time I have heard anyone willing to sacrifice quality for color, especially with stainless.

13. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not really partial to any particular brands for major appliances these days. For many years, I've lived in apartments where the appliances weren't always well known brands, and those held up just fine and I never had a problem with them. On the flip side my folks have gone through several fridges, ovens, washers and dryers - all well known brands. They were constantly having issues and having to call repair people to come out and fix things.

For example, they bought a Bosch washer and dryer. They've been having constant problems with the washer in particular - mold forming in it and making the whole washer stink. Then the white plastic exterior started to discolor evenly, so some pieces of it have yellowed more than others, and it looks ugly. They've also had problems with it not completing cycles and unlocking the door when done.

The LG fridge they bought has also been giving them a lot of trouble. It's frequently not cooling up enough and food is spoiling quickly in it. Plus the bottom loading freezer door has broken several times along where the tracks and the wheels meet, to the point where they couldn't get the door to shut completely, nor could they get the freezer to open completely.

I forget what their last brand of stove was, I believe it was a Maytag, but the glass window on the front of the stove cracked twice and had to be replaced, and the seal around the oven door broke off.

14. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    @ohiotom76@ohiotom76. This is the first LG experience that I've heard of. I've seen advertisements "Life's Good" I was considering the brand for a smart TV. I'm very surprised to hear about the Maytag, if it is a Maytag, because they are expensive. I hope your parents had those appliances under warranty at the time of the repairs. What an inconvenience and loss.

When I used to live in apartments I also took note of the off brand appliances but could never find them at any of the stores.:oops: Internet wasn't around then so I couldn't google the names. The funny thing I never had a problem with any of them.