What Applications Are You Using?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Richiee • Apr 18, 2014.

1. Richiee

RichieeNew Member

Threads:
    I've had my iPad for about a year now but I still feel like I'm not using it to its fullest potential. In a way, I feel as if I'm missing some applications that can greatly improve my productivity and efficiency. Now my question is this. What application are you using that improves your way of life, or helps you in your line of work?

As for me, I also have a handful of applications that really changed my life for the better. And I figured that I might as well share them to you because they might help you the same way they helped me.

Duolingo (Free) - This is an application that helps you learn different languages, from French to Spanish, while making the learning process enjoyable and fun. You can also compete with your friends to see who learns a new language faster.

Flipboard (Free) - This application is where I get my daily news from. And I am subscribed to almost every website that interests me such as Esquire, Men's Fitness, Men's Health, Life Hacker, and many more.

I'd like to post Facebook and Twitter here as well but I feel that almost everyone have them in their smartphones and tablets anyway. So, those are some of the apps that really helped me in my daily life. What's yours?

2. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I'm looking at my phone and I'm kind of boring when it comes to apps. I have been using Instagram, Run Keeper, and Timehop lately. That is really it! I hardly use apps on my phone and would rather use it to text or look up information if I'm out and about.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a whole bunch of useless apps on my phone. I download a lot, then uninstall a lot, but it seems there is always a bunch of junk anyway!
    The ones I always use and find helpful are:
    Camscanner (makes your photo look like a scanned document, so you don't need to go though the trouble of scanning, it's so useful!),
    Dropbox (it syncs everything I download and pictures I take to my computer's Dropbox, can't live without this app!),
    Easy Taxi (the easiest way to call a cab really!),
    ColorNote (I do all my lists and notes on this app, I use it daily),
    MX Player (for Androids I love this to play videos),
    Picsart and Photoshop Express (photo editing),
    Spotify (the BEST place to listen to music, like, ever!),
    WordReference (dictionary),
    Waze (best GPS app).

Of course there is stuff like Whatsapp, Instagram, Tumbl, Skype, Twitter and all that good stuff as well, but everyone knows those already!

4. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't believe I have that man, but judging by the replies on this I have more than most!

Apps

PayPal - Now I don't have to log into my computer to deal with my account.
    London Travel - Helps me plan my trips around London
    Nat West - Mobile banking
    Sky Football - keeps me updated with the football scene all over the world
    Facebook
    Twitter
    WhatsApp - Great free messenging service, you pay £0.69 after the first year
    Badoo - Great dating site that I use to meet friends instead of dates
    Ebay
    Runtastic - helps keep track of how far I'm running

Games

Solitaire
    8 Ball Pool
    Blitz
    Flick Shoot
    Pro Snooker
    Perfect Kick
    Clumsy Bird
    Ant Smasher
    Mike's World
    Champ Man

5. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really have that much apps installed on my phone. Most of them are just stupid games, fitness apps and social media apps. But the one app that I always use is Sticher. Its a podcast app and it lets you listen to a variety of podcast all over the world, it even has TED Talks on it.

6. ebby23

ebby23Member

Threads:
    Majority of the apps on my phone are social networking apps. I mostly use Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook. I also have financial apps such as my bank (Chase) and Paypal. The rest are just games and other miscellaneous apps.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Richiee: Thanks for mentioning Duolingo. Improving my Spanish is on my to-do list for this summer.

My two favorite productivity apps are both free. I use Evernote to keep track of everything. I would be lost without it. I also use Wunderlist. It's a very basic to-do list app. I also use MyEffectiveness app. It's also free. It uses the Eisenhower Matrix which is what Covey uses in the "7 Hablst of Highly Effective People."

8. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a lot of apps but they're mostly just games and a few reward apps like Ibotta. I guess you could say those are useful but I always forget to do them when shopping. I would probably consider the radio apps I have as useful since I can't be without music. The most useful app though would probably be Applets since it has a bunch of tools on it but I rarely look at it.

9. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I only have like a couple of apps that i constantly use on my phone, the rest are games. Here is my list.

Kindle
    Spotify
    Flipboard
    Clash of Clans
    Hill Climb Racing
    Dumb Ways to Die

10. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I stick with the essentials on my phone, aside from the game Asphalt 8: Airborne and a handful of productivity apps. I don't need to bog down my phone with too many apps, and I tend to use it for work-related tasks, so it needs to be streamlined and ready to handle some heavy lifting. I use a Nexus device for stock Android so that my smartphone's not cluttered with bloatware from the manufacturer or the carrier, which is always nice.