What are 3 things you look into before buying a smartphone?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by pandandesign • Jan 9, 2014.

1. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    Smartphones have become the biggest hit in both modern technology and mobile industry. There are 8 in 10 people own a smartphone, which it has been rapidly increasing over the last 3 years. People use smartphone to do a lot of things such as watch movies, browse web, check e-mails, chat with friends, text, and more. There are 3 things I look into before I buy a smartphone: Brand, OS, and Camera. I like specific brand in which I like Samsung. Android OS has been one of my favorite operating systems that I really like using. I like to have a decent camera on the phone, which at least 8 megapixels in order to take some good quality pictures. What are 3 things you look into before buying a smartphone?

2. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    1. Design: If it doesn't look nice, have a good screen size and pixels per inch as well and is nice and thin with a good feel I probably won't be very interested in picking it up.
    2. Software: I prefer Android and want as little carrier software installed as possible.
    3. Battery life: I hate having to charge my phone so the longer it can last the better!

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My fave brand is Sony or Sony Ericsson, so first of all it has to be a model from that brand. Next would be the design, I should like how it looks, or else I won't consider buying it even if it has great features. Then 3rd would be the features, it has to be at least 3.2 MP (although right now I own an 8 MP smartphone) then it has to have at least 1 GB processor and at least 512 RAM with document viewer.

4. dorann

dorannMember

Threads:
    For me, the camera would not be a consideration at all because I do have a good point and shoot camera and I also have a DSLR as well.

That said, the three things that are going to be important to me when I shop for a smartphone in the near future will be: price, battery life and capacity.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I mainly pick one for its functionalities. Maybe if it has something unique that other phones don't have, that is a huge plus. I also look at the screen quality, if it has good battery life and camera, and also if it's durable (I tend to drop my phones a lot for some reason!).

6. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I wonder how's the Nexus 5? I have heard good things about the phone and the design is quite well-built and pretty. I like the round edge corner, which makes the phone looks stylish and look less like a candy bar. I want to know how is the battery on this beast.

7. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    The first I'll look at is the design like the size and look of the smartphone. I'll also look at the screen size and whether it's responsive to use, I want phones to have the least lag possible. And lastly, I will look at the price, if the price is right I'll buy it. I don't take into consideration things like cameras and apps because I rarely use the camera and apps can be downloaded.

8. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I like lots of pixels giving sharp colour and very high quality viewing.
    A good camera.
    Good audio.

I listen to lots of music and take lot's of photos so the bottom 2 aspects are key.

9. avasmom

avasmomMember

Threads:
    After selecting a carrier, for me it is:
    1. Camera
    2. Audio player
    3. Storage

I wish the Nexus allowed for CS card storage, but it doesn't so that's a deal breaker for me.

10. ladybug

ladybugMember

Threads:
    The first reason that I chose my particular Smartphone was because it's waterproof and can actually be dropped in water and still function just fine. Second to that I like a phone with a good camera because I love taking pictures on my cell phone and thirdly I'd have to say because I can stream videos from anywhere since it has Wi-Fi hotspot capability, as well.

11. randee555

randee555Active Member

Threads:
    It's so hard to narrow it down to only 3 but here I go:

1. A powerful processor because it enables you to do things faster on your phone.

2. Ram because you can multiple things on your phone without out slowing it down.

3. Internal Memory because some apps can only rum on your internal memory and can't be moved to your sd card.

12. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Camera quality: I am a bit of a photography fanatic, so even though it doesn't have the same quality of a regular camera, it's always better than nothing when it comes to unexpected moments.
    Battery: See above, i really don't want to have a dead battery when taking photos, even less for some important call.
    Design: Some models of smartphones are really nice to look at, but when it comes to using them, it's awkward.

13. 4justice

4justiceNew Member

Threads:
    The three things I look for are battery life, a decent sized ram, and app compatibility. You know, you'd think app compatibility wasn't something you'd have to watch for. But I've seen some tablets and phones that had trouble connecting to major thinks like Netflix and Google Play.

14. marmunmrhundun

marmunmrhundunBanned

Threads:
    When I buy a smartphone, I take in consideration the phone's price, how durable the phone will be and the phones feature. After I have looked at all of those things I usually make my decision on the buying the phone then. These are my favorite qualities I look for in phones.

15. jriley

jrileyNew Member

Threads:
    1. Features
    2. Durability
    3. Screen size

16. Carles

CarlesMember

Threads:
    I look for Cost, Battery life and Customer reviews.

17. crucider

cruciderNew Member

Threads:
    1) Of course cost is going to be high up here since I won't be paying $600+ for a phone.
    2) Features, I'm paying $200 for a phone, it better has features that are worth paying for and essential features are needed like camera, light, etc.
    3) Battery Life, I don't want to be able to use my phone for 5 minutes and have to go back and charge it. And what's worse is when you don't even use your phone and you have to charge it still.

18. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    My top priorities when choosing a smartphone are the design, the speed, and the screen. I first look at the design, even though I know it's probably the least important, but I prioritize it because I'll be looking at it everyday and I really don't want to be forced to look at something I find gaudy. Next, I look at the speed, particularly the RAM, because I'm not really that knowledgeable when it comes to specs and if it has a high RAM I'd at least know that the phone has a good chance of being able to handle weighty tasks. Lastly, the screen quality, because I like watching videos online and I'd really hate it if I felt like I was settling with a substandard screen each time I fired up a video.

19. pahagwl

pahagwlActive Member

Threads:
    Before buying a smartphone, the things I look for have been mentioned in the decreasing order of their relevance. First is the price of the product, I only try to buy those products which offer adequate value for money spent, so same is the case in smartphones. The next thing I look for is whether the smartphone has an attractive design or not. And lastly is the quality of the camera which the phone has. Lets face it, we all snap a lot of pictures with our phones on a daily basis, so its necessary that the phone has an excellent camera.

20. firestarian

firestarianMember

Threads:
    For me it would be

Price- If I can't afford it then there is no point in me looking for it. I'm broke to be honest so over $200 is too much.

Power- I want a powerful phone capable of running many apps and simply being a powerhouse.

Operating System- I need an Android Phone, I've tried both iOS and Windows and I can soundly say Android is the one for me.