What Are Cheap Ways To Keep Your Computer Virus Free?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by suegiplaye • Jul 13, 2015.

1. luckycharm

luckycharmActive Member

Threads:
    If you use your computers for surfing net you are always prone to virus or malware attacks, but without Internet computer is almost useless. My computer once became dead slow because of some malware programs which finally got cleaned by MalwareBytes.

Downloading free games some times carry mischievous programs with it. Some of them are just meant for advertising or checking our internet habits while others have highly dangerous missions. Like a key-logger virus can practically tell the scammer your activities in a computer. Your sensitive login and card details could be compromised in this way.

It is always better to avoid third party sites while downloading games and software. Try to get it directly from the publisher's site.

2. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Yep, responsible navigation is the best anti-virus we can have and it's totally free! :) If we are looking for that free software, book, movie, game and so on, most likely we will end up on illegal sites and that is certainly a risk to our computer. So responsible navigation and a good anti-virus get the job done.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am presently using a free anti-virus which slows down my computer operation that’s why I had planned on buying a licensed anti-virus. However, the cost of more than $100 is too much for me so I am trying to endure the rigors of this free anti-virus. In the months to come, I am hoping that I would be able to buy a new laptop and for certain, I would install a paid anti-virus so my computer will not be lagging like now.

4. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    Generally speaking brand new computer doesn't have virus. It is being download or infected by visiting doubtful or malicious sites like freebies, give-aways, and by downloading freewares apps, among others. It could also be infected by inserting USB or uncleaned USB. Anyway for protecting you computer, MS has already a good built in virus protection and also there are lots of good and reliable free virus remover that could be downloaded from reliable sources.

5. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I suppose that the best way is just to be really really careful when you are using it, but of course we all know that that is unlikely to happen. I would personally ask around and off of personal recommendations, that is always the best way to save for me.

6. to7update

to7updateActive Member

Threads:
    Computers are like people in what concerns virus, and that is why I think the name is really adequate. If we don't pay attention to our health, we get sick, and the same happens with computers. If we visit sites we should not, if we click on dubious links, most likely we will get infected. Nothing like responsible navigation.