What are some affordable great baby shower gift ideas?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Kaybee517 • Jan 23, 2013.

1. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I have a baby shower I've been invited to and trying to think of affordable gift ideas under $30. I'm on a tight budget and cannot afford a lot. Any suggestions?

2. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    I would get a box set of some fantastic classical music composers, such as Frederic Chopin, J.S. Bach and Ludwig von Beethoven. Listening to classical music is great for a baby to listen to throughout an entire day or when they're sleeping. My father did it for me when I was a baby and I am a huge fan of classical and jazz.

3. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Clothes go to walmart you can get one or two outfits for 30 bucks also you can find cute little shows and stuff at places like dollar general big lots places like that.

4. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    A handmade gift basket is cute and can be inexpensive. You just buy the basket and decorations from the dollar store or a party depot type place. You can stuff the basket with an assortment of things that range from shampoos to clothes, and those don't have to be expensive at all. I think it'd be a very thoughtful and affordable gift for any occasion really.

5. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    You can make your own diaper cake/gift basket for A LOT cheaper than you could buy a pre-made one, and it can be a lot more personalized to the child/family, and even cuter if you do it right. There are tutorials for making onsie or sock 'roses' and such....be creative, it will show time and effort :).

6. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I love the idea of musical CDs!
    Books are also a favorite, especially if you have one that you love, or remember as a child. With a special note in it.
    I'd suggest staying away from clothing if you want a special gift-- and if you do get clothing, get a bigger size than newborn/ 0-3 months.

7. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    My first thought was a gift basket. I have acually done this before and put together a basket of bath related items. I had a small comb and brush, baby shampoo and powder, a couple of wash cloths with a towel and a couple of bath toys in the basket. I think if you go with a theme basket, it can be a really nice gift. Another idea would be a bedtime basket. I like the idea of calming music, so you could get a CD, some bedtime stories and a soft blanekt for something like that.