What Are Some Good Products That Can Deal With Flies?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by NinetyEighty1 • Aug 22, 2017.

1. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Whether you are having a cookout or have some fruit indoors, I'm sure you had to deal with flies and gnats one point in your life. Has anyone come across some good products that can properly get rid of insects like these or at the very least bring their pestering down to a minimum?

2. Paige J

Paige JNew Member

Threads:
    There are a variety of different essential oils that ward off pests/bugs. You can try using tea tree oil and diffusing it throughout your house to get rid of the flies.

3. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    You can use apple cider vinegar in a jar to trap the fruit flies or gnats. They love sweet things and will be attracted to this jar. They will drown in it. You can cut down on the chances of these flies by not keeping dirty dishes in the sink and to keep the sink drains clear of food. Rinse out juice and soda cans if they are going to be in the house. I found this great article of other ways to get rid of these pesky insects.

I hope this is helpful to you.

4. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the tips and the link, it'll defiantly come in handy one day. :)

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our weapon against insects, whether flies, gnats and even mosquitoes, is the concoction that my wife is making at home. It is a mix of apple cider vinegar, shampoo and olive oil. But I guess any kind of oil will do but I'm not sure on this. Just mix in equal parts the 3 ingredients and put in a sprayer. When you are outdoors, spray the concoction around the camp or where you will stay. It seems to me that the scent of the vinegar turns off the insects so they are practically repelled by the concoction.