What are some good smartphones?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by vpresson • Nov 13, 2012.

1. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Okay so i am in the market for a new smart phone what are some good ones i don't care if they are new or old i just want a phone that's going to load and not freeze up right now i have the Samsung transform which they don't even make anymore because they are crap. So i want something that has a nice size screen is good with loading up and not freezing something i can watch movies on, listen to music on like a mp3 type of thing so if you know of any good smart phones please i would love to hear your reviews thank you.

2. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Anything from LG, Motorola, Samsung and HTC should be fine. Personally I'm a big fan of Motorola, I've owned a couple phones from them and they've worked pretty well. I own a Motorola Defy now.

I think you should go for an Android one, based on what you need. Anything from the brands above, depending on how much you're willing to pay.

3. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    I suppose that question depends on who your carrier is. I really love my iPhone. I know you can get the iPhone through Sprint, Verizon and Virgin Mobile, unless you take out the sim card. My brother has a Samsung Galaxy 2 and he absolutely loves his Android. I don't like the fact that it is really big. I know a lot of the old smart phones are not being sold anymore because of the fact that they have been freezing up when they are being used. If you go with something new, at least you have a warranty on it where you know you will not have any problems. Good luck!

4. mnicole

mnicoleMember

Threads:
    I got one from t mobile it was free at the time i guess they were having a special its an Lg gx2 with google. I love it

5. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I would think Samsung tab is great. The i phone is wonderful if you are one of those Apple loyal customer.. I am fed up of having to buy every app.. I guess if I had the money right now I would go in for the tab. That is my opinion of course.

6. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    The Samsung Galaxy Tab is somewhat between a phone and a tablet. Because of the size, it doesn't fit in any pants' pocket. It's designed for coat pockets I guess. I find either an iPhone or a Galaxy Tab to be too expensive if, what the OP is looking for, is something where you can watch movies and listen to music. It really depends on each person's taste, but I wouldn't go for those options, because that would be like buying a Mac if you only use your computer to browse the net.

7. YamiPrem

YamiPremNew Member

Threads:
    Hey vpresson, I'm sure you recognise me. I hope I don't offend you in this post! (Inside joke guys...) :p

Anyway, the answer all depends on your budget and if you are tech-savvy at all.

I could go into more detail, but I fear it may be a waste of time because knowing the budget is vital for purchases like this. The more expensive, the more faster and smooth the user-experience is.
    I'm an Android fanboy, so I'll recommend them. In fact, if you're fishing around in the market, you pretty much have to get an Android phone since Apples are the only ones that make iPhones which have one final price = not much fishing needed.

Personally, I'll get the one-day-old Nexus 4. It's a beast of a phone at such a decent price. Surely gonna change the market.

8. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    I've been using phones by htc for a while now and I can vouch for this brand. They are solid and dependable. The one I am using now is the Incredible, an older model. Even though it is older, it is very smooth and fast. Videos and music play without a hitch and it has a nice range of volume. The camera is also nice. I know when it dies, I'll be getting another htc, but probably a newer one.

9. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hear that the new Samsung galaxy Note II is a great device and borders the line between a smartphone and a tablet. It also has a great stylus called the s-pen and can handle multi-taking extremely well. It even boasts an 8 megapixel camera that is able to take high-quality pictures. You won't have problems with videogames either because the Note II could handle them with ease.

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just got a LG elite optimus, I like it. I had a Blackberry that was a nightmare. I can look at videos on the lg phone and listen to the radio. I am still installing apps for the different things I want the phone to do. The battery life is not that long compared to the Blackberry but it is still a better phone, I could not hear a call on the Blackberry and it would drop the calls, I am on Sprint.

11. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    You have another supporter here! Many of my friends are also using HTC phones.

12. Joyce aka Nana

Joyce aka NanaNew Member

Threads:
    I love my iPhone and would not trade it for an Android. I have a Kindle, which is Android based, and I prefer my iPhone! Right now you can get an iPhone 4 for free with a contract with AT&T and probably other carriers too. You can get a 4S cheap too. Free is better, IMHO, and we just got my son one, upgrade from 3S. I have a 4 and I love it...it has not given me a bit of trouble and there are tons of free apps.

13. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Okay so i am getting an Iphone 4s from sprint any feedback on this phone?

14. Joyce aka Nana

Joyce aka NanaNew Member

Threads:
    I think it is a good choice...but you probably gathered that from my previous post. I just think that it is an awesome piece of technology no matter what others think. Some say you either love it or hate it. I have not always been a big Apple supporter, but I love their phones, iPods, and iPads. I've never owned one of their computers or laptops but we are thinking about buying one, used because they are so expensive.

Good luck and let us know how you like it when you get it! I just know you will love it!

15. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    No one ever believes me, but my BlackBerry Torch is brilliant. It randomly freezes up now, but that's because I've had it forever (I'm due for an upgrade next month) and I have a tendency to drop my phones. The screen is a nice size and the phone has a touchscreen and a full keyboard. It's held up to wear and tear better than any other phone I've ever had.

Downside: the memory that comes on the phone is next to nothing. But if you put in a memory card, that problem gets instantly fixed! I think I have a 4gb card in my phone and it's never given me an issue.

16. edvisual

edvisualBanned

Threads:
    A good smartphone in my opinion is Samsung Galaxy S II, besides the part that I own one myself, I've heard that more and more people prefers Galaxy S II instead of Apple's iPhone 4. Although it can't beat iPhone's sensitivity, the Samsung Galaxy S II is more practical.

17. novasparker

novasparkerActive Member

Threads:
    I have had many smartphones, from Blackberries to HTCs to Samsungs and I LOVE MY iPhone. I really can't say it enough. It's easy to use, there are tons of apps to help you do just about anything you could possibly want to do...when you upgrade, the basic functionality is the same and the iTunes library keeps all my media organized and easy to access and load onto my phone. I will have to say that I will be hard pressed to use any other phone...my opinion and there are tons of folks out there who won't agree with me. But I think that the Iphone is the best smartphone, hands down.

18. inb4

inb4Member

Threads:
    Getting an iPhone is a bit more user friendly because of how it's OS is designed.

Getting an Android gives you a lot more customization in my opinion with custom roms, launchers, widgets, etc.

Right now I have a Galaxy Nexus which is the model behind the mentioned Nexus 4 in this thread. I would upgrade but my Galaxy Nexus is doing just fine with the recent Jelly Bean updates.

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can definitely vouch for the durability and superb performance of 2 Sony Ericsson smartphones that I have used, which are the P990i and the G900. They never lag or crash too. I've been using them for several years now and they still work perfectly! They're officially phased out already, but you can still get them on Ebay or Amazon.

20. TheMightyEddy

TheMightyEddyMember

Threads:
    If anything, you should try out the Samsung Galaxy S3 or the Galaxy Note 2. I've tried and tested both of those phones at the AT&T store before and I find both of them to be very fast and user friendly.