What Are Some Of The Best Ways To Get Free/heavily Discounted Products To Review?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by annacath • Aug 15, 2016.

1. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been using ART for several months now, and have not had any problems, @DreekLass@DreekLass . I do not get all of the products that I ask for either. If they don't respond after a week or two, then I cancel that item, and just select other items. Sometimes, a different seller will have the same kind of an item, and it might even be cheaper.
    As an example, those large stainless steel cups (30 oz drink cups) that usually sell anywhere from $15-$40 online. They have them on the discounts anywhere from $1-$5, and they are pretty much the same cup, just sold by a different seller.
    Amazon is going through the discount buyers who are not leaving good reviews and disqualifying them; but as long as you are only ordering products that you want and will use and can write a good review for, there should be no problem with getting the products at a discount.

2. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the response :) I am not sure if it mostly pertains to the UK or USA site as to Amazon banning people who are involved with Art from reviewing on Amazon at all. I have mostly been requesting to review supplements. I got one, but the product that approved me before - the code doesn't work, and I want to remove it but I can't. I am only allowed two codes at once since I am a 'noob' The seller is not responding at all, which is annoying and I don't really want to have to pay some of the shipping fees for products unless I really need the product.

3. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    The best method to get heavily discounted or even free products to review is to start a review blog and review some products and then present them to the relevant merchant site for evaluation. Of note is the fact that the review has to be honest and factual not a piece of flattery. It should also be specific and natural as well as exhaustive. Doing reviews in advance is the best strategy.

4. DreekLass

Threads:
    This is a wonderful ideas. I have 7 helpful reviews on Amazon. I have still been chosen for reviews, but I have not purchased any of the products with the given codes because I still have to pay something in the shipping, since I don't have Amazon Prime anymore.

5. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am really curious as to how you do this, @remnant@remnant , and also what products have you received since you started doing it this way.
    What I am understanding you to say is that you do the review on the product FIRST, and then receive the product free from the merchant or manufacturer. How can you do an experienced review on the product if you do not have the product first ? You can only guess at how well it will work until you have actually tried it.
    On the other hand, if you are actually purchasing the product before you write your review, then you no longer have any reason to want the company to give it to you at a reduced or free price, since you have already paid full price when you purchased the item in order to write a review.
    Please explain how you are actually doing this and getting the free products.

6. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have reviewed a product on my blog, and am going to petition the company to give me some free product. I mean they don't have to sponsor my blog but it would help quite a bit if they gave me some free product. I am talking about this specialty cat food that my cat has to eat for prevention of kidney stones. It is just one of the things that we need on a routine basis.

7. DreekLass

Threads:
    It usually depends upon whether or not you already have a following. This is why Youtubers who specialize in a particular kind of video topic are always receiving free products to review. Of course you could do it in the form of a blog. But I think vlogging is the perfect platform for product reviews.