What are some of the things you do not spend money on?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by H.C. Heartland • Oct 1, 2014.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    What are some of the thing you do not spend money on? Some of mine would be coupon books, dvd rentals (you can get them for free at the library), and perfume (I always get samples, and they last forever. What about you? Are there some ways you save money by going the 'free' route? If so, what? Recently, I have sunken to a new low on this count however and paid for a video game for my niece. Ugh...there is no turning back once I have committed to purchasing 'diamonds' for digital animals in a fake zoo. :-(

2. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I won't spend money on insanely clothes. I like great clothes that are well made and will pay for it, but won't pay for a label. With that being said I do own some designer clothes, but I prefer to put money into investment, staple pieces that I will have for a few years. I could never see myself paying a lot of money for a trendy piece that will only last one season before it is out of style.

3. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yeah I would not spend money on coupon books either. We used to buy the entertainment book but after buying it for a few years it really turns out to be a waste of money. Many of the places are too far in the metropolitan area. Plus you can get free coupons by mail or at the business.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't spend extra on things that you probably won't notice too much of a quality difference on. For example, I don't spend extra to get more expensive pasta or paper towels because I don't notice much difference in quality between the cheaper or averagely priced ones over the expensive ones. I'm sure the cheapest ones are noticeably cheap so I do stay away from them to some degree but I honestly don't mind buying it if ever I really needed to save.

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Coffee or anything coffee-related.

Fortunately, I'm not a big fan, so I don't have to deal with a Starbucks addiction.

I also don't to buy much of anything at full-price. That's pretty generalized, but I prefer to focus on getting good deals, discounts, etc.

6. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Some of the things that I do not spend money on are; harmful drugs, gambling, games, music, and expensive jewellry. I believe that money ought to only be spent on things that will be of great use to you later on in life, like; education, health care, Real Estate and transportation, just to name a few. I would discourage spending money on several other things, Such as prostitution, "flossing" and such the like.

7. Sweetkymom

SweetkymomActive Member

Threads:
    I save in every area of life: bills, wants, needs, etc. It took some learning on how to will and deal with bill collectors and wants. The needs are met very easily by using coupons and discount codes anywhere and everywhere!

You'd be amazed at how many things you can save on. Its just knowing how to do it is what takes forever. I personally think I've talked my way through tons :)

8. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    When it comes to food, health and beauty and dining out I don't go anywhere or buy anything without using coupons! I am just so used to it that it just happens and I'm proud of that fact. I save our family a lot of money by just spending a little time preparing for my shopping trips. :)

Works for us!!!

Danyel :)

9. dizzykitsune

dizzykitsuneActive Member

Threads:
    I never spend money on coffee. I work in an office and coffee is provided for free. Even better, it actually tastes really good! I never have to worry about rushing to a coffee shop to get a caffeine fix before a long eight hours in the office on a computer and dealing with boring files. It's nice to have one less thing to worry about.

10. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never spend any money on rubbish bags. I recycle as much as 90% of all my garbage, the rest goes into the compost. Whatever I can't recycle, I put in paper bags, or the odd plastic bag that is floating around. I also never buy any commercial bathroom cleaner. I make my own at home with white vinegar, baking soda and lemons. Finally, I never buy bottled water anymore. I now have a convenient glass bottle that I carry around with me in my car or the basket of my bike. I know it's not the most practical, but I can't abide the taste of water that comes from plastic bottles.

11. Jake

JakeActive Member

Threads:
    I do not spend money on soda, it is something I see as harmful to my body. I see it the same way as most people who view cigarettes. Many of us know about the harmful effect smoking can have on our body, so why bother spending money on something that is not worth investing in? In the rare occasion I do drink soda, I feel that I have taken a step back on the progress I've made with my body. There are plenty of alternatives, and I usually make my own juice from real fruits.

12. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Paper towels and paper napkins. I just don't use them. I use rags and wash them. I also don't spend money on disposable plates and silverware. I just bring plastic plates if I'm going somewhere and bring the dirty dishes and silverware home to wash. I don't see why I should repeatedly spend money on things like that because they are being thrown away. I know you can reuse some plastic forks and spoons, but too often they break, so it's not worth it.

13. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've completely done away with DVD rentals. With streaming sites aplenty, there's actually no need to rent DVDs anymore. I don't spend money on expensive jewelry. I don't know why. Maybe I don't find them practical and worth the investment (at least not for the immediate future). I don't buy animals sold at pet shops. I'd rather adopt stray cats and dogs as they need shelter the most.

14. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I don't spend money on soda, disposable plates/napkins, or lots of jewelry. I don't buy clothes that often either. I just find more interest in other things.

15. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I only spend my money on foods. Money is just exact for my daily meal expenses. So, I am not able to spend on something else like leisure books, or to go out with friends for a dinner or to watch a movie in the cinema. Hence, basically, I don't spend on anything other than food, not even on clothes. If I really need something, I ask my mom to fund for it.

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    After noticing that the coffee in coffee shops don't taste as good and as sweet the 3 in 1 coffee that I drink at home, then I stopped buying them, it's just a waste of money buying bland coffee, since I like my coffee to be very sweet. I don't wear make-up too, and would not really want to spend anything apart from buying a lipstick or lip gloss.

17. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't spend a lot of money on paper products. When a restaurant offers me extra napkins, I cheerfully accept them and take them home. When I use a public bathroom, I take two or three paper towels.
    There's a drawer in my kitchen just full of random paper products from everywhere I go.
    It,s a little creepy and I'm veering close to Extreme Cheapskates behavior but it bugs me to buy paper towels when every place I go to gives me napkins.

18. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    I usually don't spend extra money on unnecessary goods or things.

19. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    mmm... I don't buy much beauty products. No make-up, I barely buy shampoo (I don't use it too often, really). I also don't spend much money on clothes if I can avoid it, nor on movies or, hm... Many things, really. I spend most of my money on food, books and other hobbies, I guess. The rest, not too much.

20. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    I do not spend money on vanity items... signature clothes... perfumes.. etc. I am trying to live simply and save money.