What Are Some Other Cheap Meal/s Dishes Similar To Ramen Noodles?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by NinetyEighty1 • Oct 31, 2017.

1. NinetyEighty1

NinetyEighty1Active Member

Threads:
    I am probably one of the few people out there who generally enjoy ramen noodles but I always have to have more option. I am well aware of frozen dinners and would prefer to have something else besides PB&J and ham and cheese. Are there any other cheap meal or semi meal products like ramen noodles out there that are easy to prepare?

2. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    We have number of such noodles available both home made as well brands. There was a lot of noise about one of such product called 2 minutes Maggi Noodle produced by Nestle which was banned for some times. Incidentally this product is produced in India b Nestle and supplied allover the world. This product is not only easy to cook but available at very low cost too.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    At Marukai Wholesale Mart, near to where I live they have Itoen Sansai-fern shoot, Soba, (buckwheat noodles) It's delicious and very nutritious for it's buckwheat noodles. It's simple like those instant noodles, empty out the packages, add hot water and wait for 3 minutes and uncover the lid and you got your meal. Right now this goes for just 1.79 on sale. Regularly it goes for 2.49-2.99 each bowl. I found at Walmart, fajita meat strips. All you do is add your veggies like onion, bell peppers and potatoes and you got a meal in a pan when you warm up your fajita meat 4.68. There's chicken too that you can whip up into a meal with your favorite veggies...these go for near $5 though. There's frozen pizza either on bread or pizza pies, I like the double individual deep dish Red Baron frozen pizzas 3.68. I love extra pepperoni and cheese so I add them and pop them in my toaster oven for about 20 min. and I got a meal for I buy those pre cut toss salad packages or coleslaw cabbage already cut and I got a meal. Those veggies need to be rinsed again before eating. I hope these suggestions help. They're cheap, fast and good. Walmart got the cheapest foods, when it's not on sale and the fajitas and chicken is very inexpensive packages of food and the pizza is cheap too at Walmart.

2012_8_29_847_001.

a1f89c08-08a4-4308-8cfe-b36e837ba170_1.44fad20be49067611841ad0afc7cc7a9.

e9ffa371-d374-496f-959d-5dd30d9826d1_1.4287a4cee6c5e03cf6e8394eb9e521a9.

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love ramen noodles and have lived off them, and they are comfort food. Another cheap but good meal is the humble jacket baked potato. Basically you can add any filling to it such as cheese, veggies, chili, or simple butter and it's a great snack. Another idea is to use two tortilla wraps and then pan fry them with fillings for a great snack. Using cheese helps them stick together, and I've done a mushroom, onions and cheese tortilla or wrap and they are also good for snacking and using up any leftovers.