What Are Some Tips For Driving In Dangerous Weather?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Jason76 • Dec 23, 2017.

1. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Wrecks from bad weather could be very costly, so as a rule, you would want to slow down in snow and rain. Also, you wouldn't want to slam on the breaks, Finally, I'm sure things like having good breaks would make a major difference - and in the case of snow, good tires.

2. Soulwatcher

SoulwatcherMember

Threads:
    The best advice I can give about bad weather is bad stay at home if you can. Otherwise, you're risking a wreck or someone wrecking into you. But if you must drive in the snow you need to slow down to 25mph or less otherwise your probably going to spin out. And if you have to drive on ice I wouldn't drive more than 10mph if that.

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I fully agree with you. If you can stay home then just stay home and avoid going out in the bad weather. We have no snow here but the rain storm can blur the vision that usually it is zero visibility so motorists are advised to pull over and let the rain pass. Another problem with inclement weather is the flood. When it rains hard for more than 2 hours, floodwaters will appear and it will pose danger to the vehicles. That's why we are on the lookout for flooded areas because when the car is soaked in flood, it is very expensive to have it cleaned, something like $500.

4. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, be very careful if you have to go out, and watch out for frozen bridges and overpasses, because they are the first to freeze up. I would make sure you have good visibility as well, when you go out driving in bad weather-keep that defroster up and turn on your wipers. I would be cautious, also watch driving in flooded roadways as well -and make sure you do not get caught up in a flash flood of some kind.