What are the best walking shoes?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by writer811 • Jul 31, 2012.

1. writer811

writer811Active Member

Threads:
    I am a very avid walker (I plan on walking cross country some day) and I need to figure out what kinds of shoes are best for me. I walk an average of five miles a day and about once a week I walk ten miles in a day. Every month or two I walk thirty miles in one day. Does anyone know what kind of shoes would be best for me? They need to withstand being walked in hundreds of miles a month and they have to be comfortable to my feet so I can keep going. Thanks!

2. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I used to have a pair of Reeboks that were awesome for walking. This was back in the days when I would walk seven or eight miles every day to save on bus fare. The shoes were more expensive than I could afford at the time, but someone gave them to me, and I'm glad he did, because I was able to walk ridiculous distances with very little foot pain if any.

3. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I agree with classicnyer, Reebok does manufacture some amazingly comfortable shoes...and they are also one of the more 'conscious manufacturers' (no child labor - apparently). Alternatively, you can go to a sports store, tell the person there what you are looking for and the price range...and they will help you find the right fit according to your foot's arch etc...

No one's foot is the same, so getting yourself fitted may be a great idea...as the right shoe supports you!

4. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I really can not answer that question because of my feet. I have a problem with my feet and can't wear just any shoe. So sometimes when I think I am comfortable in a certain shoe, later I have to give it away to someone else because it does not fit proper. I wish I could find a pair of walking shoes for myself that was really comfortable just for me. Have any suggestions?

5. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    I've only tried two brands of walking shoes Rebook and Nike. I'd say I like them both. They're comfortable to wear and very light. The quality is pretty good also. I've had my Nike walking since for more than six years and they're still decent.

6. writer811

writer811Active Member

Threads:
    Alright, thanks everyone! The general opinion seems to be in favor of Reebok so I will try those ones out first. I've actually never owned a pair of their shoes so it should be very interesting to try out!

7. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    Ok, I'll go for some Reebok's and see if I can wear those comfortable on my feet. I have such funny feet since I use to wear those high heel shoes that was not made for me and the walking aspect of it all. I would love to find a pair of walking shoes that I don't have to give away.

8. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    If you have no pronation conditions, then any well-cushioned shoe is good enough. Your feet need to feel well nestled and comfortable even after miles of walking. So a pair with a breathable upper, cushioned interior and not-too-heavy outer soles should do it. Also if you require slightly wider toe-box, then only a few brands make them in wider widths, e.g. New Balance.
    It's best to go to a superstore specializing in all kinds of sports shoes and try on several pairs before making a choice.

9. Tinee

TineeMember

Threads:
    I have to agree with everyone that Reebok is a good brand when it comes to walking shoes, but personally, I still prefer my good old Nike's. I had a pair of Reebok's several years ago and it was good too, but I just can't seem to let go of my loyalty to Nike. :D

10. Yuvastyleindia

YuvastyleindiaMember

Threads:
    Sports shoes are the best choice for long distance walking. You should buy sports shoes which are comfortable and that must be branded. Cyke and Puma are the nice brands for sports shoes. Both these brands has the fabulous collection of sports shoes which you like the most and also they are durable.

11. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I bought a pair of Red Wing chukka boots in the sale. They are the best quality boots I have ever owned. The quality of the materials is first class and they were made by hand in the USA. I purchased the boots for 160 dollars, a great price for boots which will last a very long time.

12. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I would suggest the new nikes that every sports person has been suddenly wearing. They come in a variety of colors and mostly neon colors as well. I have worn them myself and would honestly say that they are one of the most lightest and comfortable sneakers that I have ever worn and would recommend them to anybody.

13. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I'll try some Nikes also to see if they work for me. Looking for shoes for myself is like running a marathon around the mall. I am going to try all of thes suggestions and see what happens with my feet. My friend us to call my feet (Stuip Feet) because she knew my feet was so funny and I always complaint about them.