What are you favorite frozen delights?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by ExpertAdvice • Sep 27, 2014.

1. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    What are your favorite frozen delights?

Whether it's frozen yogurt, a popsicle, Ice cream, or frozen drinks, don't we love them all?!

I recently went to a Hotel and I was stuck at the bar for almost half of any given day, I wanted to know if I'm the only one that thinks that frozen delights are the best kinds of Food & Drink options out there? :)

I mean, regular, caffeinated drinks are fine, and they delight most, but I frozen delights tend to add an awesome balance between a refreshing drink and a guilt-free dessert!

What is your take on these frozen delights?

Do you have a favorite? Or is there some other "delicacy" that suits your tastes?

#1Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2014
  2. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I love frozen treats. In fact I prefer them over pastries/cakes. Among my favorites are ice cream and frozen yogurt. :)

3. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite frozen delight would easily have to be milkshakes from Sonic. I love all kinds of products made from milk anyway but I say you haven't tasted a milkshake until you've had theirs. They have so many flavors and they are made from real ice cream.

4. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I like ice cream and frozen yogurt. I especially like places where you can choose yogurt flavors and all of the toppings. Those are really fun. I don't eat too many frozen drinks but I do like fruit smoothies.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite frozen treat is something called Going Bananas. They are available at Trader Joe's. They are sliced bananas dipped in dark chocolate. A very simple treat, but very delicious.

6. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    ^Parker mentioned a great one. I also love really cold tiramisu :). I'm a big fan of cold desserts if I'm in the mood for something sweet.

7. ExpertAdvice

Threads:
    Ahh :) I am certainly glad that you share my love of frozen treats. I also like the comparison with pastries/cakes. I have to agree with you: in most instances, I'll choose frozen treats instead of cakes and pastries, as sometimes I think that cakes and pastries might just be a bit too heavy for my enjoyment. There are times when I do prefer cakes and pastries because, frankly, on that day in particular, that's just what I'm feeling for, but frozen treats have the edge in my book on "most days".
    Ice cream and frozen yogurt are particularly great options. They're just so smooth and delectable, and I am very impressed with the great variety of flavors that are available in these particular dessert options. And, being able to put a maraschino cherry on top of either is just "the icing on the cake", to use the term loosely!

8. ExpertAdvice

Threads:
    Wow, I will definitely have to give these Sonic milkshakes a try! Exactly how many options do they have?! I'm very intrigued!
    I love milkshakes as well: I think that they have such a wonderful variety of ingredients blended into them, and yet they come out to be so perfect and pleasing to the palate.
    I genuinely appreciate all dessert products that are made from milk as well. I think I always feel comforted knowing that I'm getting my daily dose of calcium, while still enjoying a great-tasting dessert. I just think dairy makes virtually everything taste better. It's good to know that I'm not alone on both of these topics!
    Thanks for sharing your input!

9. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    As I've gotten older, I've noticed I've become less interested in deserts - but every once in a while I will still get a craving for them. I'm more of a sweet & salty kind of person, so anything with chocolate and nuts would be right up my alley.

One of my favorite things to get as a kid were frozen Reese's Cups. There was a bar up the street from my grandfathers house and him and my dad would walk up there for some beers and hot dogs, and take me along with them. They would always get me one of these when we were there. Nowadays they sell larger frozen Reese's Cups that actually have a peanut butter ice cream filling in them instead, which are fantastic as well. Along the same lines, Drumsticks are another favorite - vanilla cones dipped in chocolate and coated with nuts.

A local ice cream shop was selling a Cherry Cheesecake Ice Cream that was to die for, but since they went out of business, I haven't seen it anywhere since then.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I like almost all cold desserts, because I'm not much of a fan of other types like cakes and chocolates or fruit. My favorite frozen goodies are ice cream, Popsicles, and shaved ice. I especially love snow cones and couldn't get enough of it whenever come across a store that sells it. I'd love to make some at home but I wouldn't know where to get the syrup that they use. I'm ya with just buying it from stalls though since I probably won't use an ice shaver that often anyway even if I did have one.

11. megadelayed

megadelayedMember

Threads:
    I think frozen food that have a sour taste is the most refreshing thing you can have in the summer, for example, lemon/lime ice pops. I love the refreshing taste and the coldness of them, and personally I think they are a great mix together. Sweet things are also very nice but only if they are not sweet to the point where it tastes too overpowering.

12. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I love refrigerated cakes and ice cream cakes. When my brother and I were still young kids, our dad used to order customized ice cream cakes for our birthdays. This has become a source of pleasure for me because of the good memories attached to ice cream cakes.

Now, I make frozen cakes made from Graham crackers, cream, and fruits. Sometimes I use Oreo cookies and cream cheese to make these frozen desserts.

13. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    Every treat you listed is my downfall! :) If I had to pick one though it would have to be Weight Watchers coffee latte ice cream bars!!!! OMG ...they are fabulous!!! I don't have the package in front of me, but I am pretty sure they only have like 80 calories in the bar!! It's unbelievable because they are so rich and creamy and really satisfy that sweet tooth without packing on a ton of calories!!!

They are amazing!!!!

Danyel :)

14. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    They have 25 different flavors. Of course with so many there are a few obscure ones but it's nice to have that option. The best part is they are half price after 8 pm.