What are you getting your pets for Christmas?

Discussion in Pets started by brutal37138 • Nov 21, 2013.

1. brutal37138

brutal37138Member

Threads:
    Yes, we do this! Haha, but only in small ways. Last year my pitbull got the large dog bone (about 3 feet long) and she loved it. Quite a few years ago, I remember making treats at home for the pets and baking them. The dogs seemed to love them! What does your family do for your pets during the Holidays, if anything?

2. tcomfortbl

tcomfortblNew Member

Threads:
    We just got our dog in August, so I never purchased items for a dog for Christmas! We will probably get her a bully stick and a fun toy!

3. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Everyday is Christmas for my dogs just because I devote so much time to them but I probably would get them a new toy. Hopefully something they won't tear up after a week lol

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Our dog just died the other day :( So sadly, we'll be donating her new bed we got for her and stocking stuff the kids bought for her. The cats will be getting little stockings.. full of treats etc.

5. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    Probably just a lot of attention, as much as our dog loves food she eats it up so fast its gone in a few seconds. Lots of walks, attention from family and friends and a brush make her much happier than presents.

6. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    We always get our dog a big bone just so that she isn't running around crazy while we open presents. She seems to get as hyper as us on christmas!

7. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not sure yet, probably getting my cat a new cat bed to lay on.. even though I think she will just ignore it and continue to sleep on top of our furniture anyway. :D

8. Exsheel

ExsheelNew Member

Threads:
    We tend to get my dog lots of chew toys for Christmas, and we even place them in his own Stocking which we hang up every year. He's more then just our Family Pet, he's a part of our family~ He's a big dog though, so we have to get him several bones and chew toys since he goes through them daily, haha.

9. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I never gave anything to my pets when it was a holiday, i just gave them when i felt like they deserved something. I don't think that he will be sad for not getting anything for christmas, right?

10. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I simply wish to get a pet this holiday! I've been looking into some rescue centers locally and it's so sad how so many of these animals have been abandoned and/or mistreated in other ways. I just feel I'm ready to add a pet to my life and what better gift to give to a rescue than give them a new home!

11. jbepp

jbeppMember

Threads:
    I just got a new cat, so I'll be getting him a scratch post. For my dog I'll just give her tasty food and new toys for her to destroy. :D

12. erronousRogue

erronousRogueMember

Threads:
    I have a dog, but I never really considered getting anything for her. I suppose I could buy some pet snacks at the store and make a special Christmas dinner like I do with the rest of the family. :p

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We just give them whole chicken parts, like the meaty ones for Christmas, aside from them having fed the same thing that we eat - pasta and ice cream included! I have never really thought of buying my cat a gift so far.

14. pipps

pippsActive Member

Threads:
    Oh wow, I think I'm going to do this for my new puppy this christmas. I want to get her a stocking full of lots of tasty treats and toys too though:) I'm just so excited to have her here.

15. DonnaIReilly

DonnaIReillyActive Member

Threads:
    I always get my dog a stocking filled with doggy treats and my cat some special cat food and treats. I can't help it I am just a big softy when it comes to Christmas and my daughter loves unwrapping their gifts for them :).