What Are You Giving Mom For Mother's Day?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by deecee • May 9, 2012.

1. deecee

deeceeActive Member

Threads:
    What are you giving your mother for mother's day? Do you stick with the standard card, flowers, and dinner, or do you go all out with a handmade present?

2. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I have not given her a card since I was 5. I know, I am a horrible daughter. I do give her vouchers though so that she can buy what she needs, that or cash. She is not very easy to buy for...does not like flowers, dinners out etc. She is always happy with chocolates though. Enjoy Mothers Day! (-:

3. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I earned two Heart of Haiti necklaces as payment for writing this post on my blog and just this morning sent my mother one of the necklaces:

4. xcmiller93x

xcmiller93xActive Member

Threads:
    I have no idea what I'm getting her yet. I am so bad at giving gifts, I'll probably get her a giftcard

5. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    Dad said we'd be ordering pizza from Pizza Hut on Mother's Day... Aside from that, I'll be baking mom a little mini cake for her and her only :D. It's a good thing everyone in the house always sleeps early. :D

6. Konstantina

KonstantinaActive Member

Threads:
    I m gonna give flowers. It's more of a thank you day, I mean the point is to show that you appreciate her, so I think flowers are the best way to go. Birthdays are better for personal gifts or getting her something she wants. This day is better for doing all household jobs, letting her rest and so on

7. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    Sometimes it's so hard to get a gift for my mom because she's always telling us that she doesn't need anything. Usually, we'd go out to dinner as a family but we're switching it up a bit. We're going to get her the usual flowers and chocolate and we (my siblings and I) are going to prepare a nice big dinner for her. I think she'll definitely like that more than anything.

8. kat33

kat33New Member

Threads:
    I think I will get her a day at the spa! Everyone needs to relax sometimes, and for mothers I think it is a very appropriate gift that will give long lasting relaxation benefits :)

9. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    Well, I gave my mother a big sack of coal because she was a terrible mother (just kidding, except for the last part).

For my mother-in-law, I got her a leather portfolio from the Donald Trump Hotel up here in Toronto. I attended a media event and they gave me one and it included a pen, a pad of paper and information about the hotel. She loved it and I actually got her one of the best gifts out of her entire family, at least that what's she told me.

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately, my mom passed away already, so we don't celebrate Mother's Day anymore. But I remember that I gave her a rose many, many, years ago.

11. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I usually give my mom a piece of jewelry. She loves jewelry. Last year, I gave her a gift card to Ross Dress for Less, and she bought a lot of shoes. This year I think I will give her another gift card.

12. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I am definitely sending flowers to my mom especially red roses and the a combination of the white ones. She loves those! She always appreciates me handing me flowers that are fresh especially on Mother's Day.

13. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    Since my mother and I do not get along at all, I dread thinking about mothers day were she is concerned. I usually will e-mail her a card and tell her to have a god day. Other than that she can kiss my butt. The lump of coal thing does not sound half bad. No I'am joking, I do not want to be cruel to her than that would be just evil. But my kids always give me a homemade card or flowers they hand picked.

For those of you who lost your moms I am sorry. Holidays can be hard sometimes when you don't have certain loved ones with you anymore.

14. wilburheath01

wilburheath01Banned

Threads:
    Every mom deserves something special on her special day.Give her nice jewelry or beautiful Flowers.

15. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    My mother really enjoys a nice bouquet of flowers. I personally am not the greatest fan of buying 30 dollars worth of something that's going to die in a couple of weeks, but she received flowers but I think I will start looking into some other nice things she would like that would be more lasting.

16. UshaBecker

UshaBeckerMember

Threads:
    A watch i guess..a exotic one..any suggestion on the brands..i really want it to be special.

17. kevin786

kevin786Member

Threads:
    You should ask your mother before purchasing a gift for her. I think the best gift is that you mother really wants. Mother Day Gift baskets is also a good gifts for mother day

18. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I am thinking about buying my mom a handbag because the one she is having now is almost broken.

19. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I buy sometimes I make my mothers gifts. I usually try to get a little of everything take her out to eat buy her something make her something and a card and flowers I always try to do big for my mother mothers day :)