What are you using, a cheap or an expensive mouse?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by prettycolors • May 22, 2014.

1. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I had a roommate once that spent a couple hundred dollars on a Razer gaming mouse. He kept telling me about the precision it had and how much better it was for gaming than a normal one. Honestly, I tried it and seen no difference. Such a purchase is maybe worth it if you're a professional gamer, he was not.

Me, I've been using a cheap LG mouse for a few years now and I'm very happy with it. What about you?

2. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I go through equipment like this at an alarming rate so I don't spend that much on them, the mouse I'm using right now cost me £3 from my local secondhand computer shop, I'm buying a new laptop at the end of the month so that was another factor why I should have bought an expensive mouse. This one I bought for £3 does just as good a job as one that would have cost me £100.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy the cheapest mouse I can find. The one I use now cost me a little over 5 bucks. It's better than I thought because though it's been dropped a lot of times on the floor when I have kids visit me, the mouse still works as well as it did when I first got it. Unless there's something special about a mouse I certainly can't spend over 10 dollars for it.

4. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not using a mouse on my laptop but I do have one for my desktop. I've actually never noticed the brand of the mouse, but it turns out that I own a "Windows xP Game on" mouse? Interesting. I really like this mouse because its very functional with the bonus buttons on the side; they allow me to go back and forth on webpages instead of moving the mouse and clicking the actual arrows. No problems with it thus far. :)

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me, a cheap mouse costs below $6, so I would say that I usually buy a mid-range mouse that only costs around $9 to $10. Right now I'm using an HP mouse that came with the pc set, and it's pretty durable, I've been using it for years. A4Tech and Genius are the other cheap but durable brands of mouse.

6. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I play online games, so I went ahead and just invested in a wireless Logitech mouse. I figure since I'm on the computer a lot anyway, and I'll get great use out of it, that it's worth the investment to buy a nice one. The cheapo mouses I bought previously didn't have great battery life and I found they would only last for a few months.

7. SpaceGuy

SpaceGuyNew Member

Threads:
    I have an expensive Logitech G700 and I have had it for around a year and a half now with no problem at all. It works brilliantly for me because it is molded to fit your hand and it has hot keys by your thumb that you can program for anything, from PC gaming to opening up Microsoft Word. I feel that is acceptable to spend a decent amount of money on an item that you will use on a day to day basis.

8. That'sDevo

That'sDevoActive Member

Threads:
    My mouse is a razor naga, ran about 75$ when I purchased it.

9. Inconsitency

InconsitencyNew Member

Threads:
    I'm currently using a Razer DeathAdder mouse (About $65). It's costly, but quality matters to me more - I value quality over quantity. Where I live, there are no good cheap mice - they're all terrible, lasting maybe a month or so. Previously, I owned a Razer Abyssus, and it did last quite a while. It was an entry level mouse, costing about $40 or so. It still works, but I've used it so much, the Teflon footing is all worn out. For me, I can definitely feel the difference between the more expensive mice and the cheaper ones, but that could be related to my demographics, where the cheaper mice have terrible quality, while where others live, they might have better quality mice for the same price. To conclude, I'm using an expensive mouse, because the cheap mice here are terrible.

10. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm using a mouse that only cost me about $5 and I've been using it for years. I personally don't find much value in quality when it comes to mouse because I'm not using it for gaming anyway so I'm not striving for accuracy. As for the way it feels in my hand, it's far from being uncomfortable and I don't think I'd gain much in that aspect with a more expensive mouse, especially considering the price difference for such a minute detail. I prefer trackpads anyway, to be honest, and when it comes to that I may spend a bit more since some aren't as reactive as others and the textures often vary too, but when it comes to mice I could settle with cheap ones with no problem. That way, I wouldn't be too worked up if they break or get lost.

11. dailypayments

dailypaymentsNew Member

Threads:
    I have chosen to use an inexpensive mouse. I have one that plugs into the USB port of my laptop. It does what I need it to do and I did not pay a lot for it. It is also small enough to where I can pack it away with my laptop. That way, I will always have it with me.

12. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    I am using a Microsoft mouse (cordless).

When I purchased my computer at a pawn shop, this item was 'FREE'. Fortunately, it's probably the best mouse I've ever owned. Normally, I get cheap ones because I don't think they're worth spending a lot of dough on.

13. Moriarty

MoriartyNew Member

Threads:
    I think my mouse cost about seven dollars which is good for my purposes. I do understand using a gaming mouse for people who are really into that sort of thing. I think every hobby has its subtleties that non-enthusiasts are probably not going to understand. I have a friend who spends a hundred hours a week or so playing a game called League of Legends and he bought a hundred dollar keyboard specifically for it. But unless you need it for something special I would lean mid-range to cheap on a computer mouse most of the time.

14. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm just using a cheap mouse. Believe it or not, my mouse just costs $3 and it's functioning really well. I've had it for over a year already. I put it in my backpack whenever I go to work every day. Then I also use it at home. I've dropped it a couple of times too. It's very heavy duty.

I think it's just best to stick with a cheap mouse. All you need to do is to point the cursor, direct it to where it needs to go and click on things. You don't need an expensive mouse to do that.

15. Kazix

KazixMember

Threads:
    For a long period of time I used a cheap (and ancient) Microsoft Intellimouse, which by the way is still working just fine after 10+ years of usage. One thing I can tell you - if someone is bad at a certain game, chances are they won't suddenly become good at it just because they got an expensive mouse.

When I finally graduated and had a little more money to spend, I got a rather expensive Razer gaming mouse, IIR it cost me around $100 with shipping. Of course it was comfortable and definitely better than any cheap $5 mouse, but I didn't quite feel like it was worth $100.

Not to mention that it 'died' shortly after the end of warranty. I have heard rumors that Razer produces so called 1-year equipment, so they don't run out of business. Now I'm using a cheaper A4Tech mice (up to 3200 DPI) for two years and I like it more than 2x more expensive Razer.

16. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a cheap low end Logitech optical mouse that cost $11 and is still alive despite being dropped a few times. The only reason I would buy an expensive mouse is if I was playing video games in a tournament like the gamer Fatality. Otherwise, I can't see spending a lot on a mouse.

17. ami560

ami560Member

Threads:
    I have an expensive Razer Naga Hex, and I have to say that it is worth every penny. To me, it is worth it to buy a mouse for gaming, but I know plenty of people who would rather spend that money somewhere else. I like having the extra customization that comes with the side buttons and Razer's own program. So to me, it is worth the cost, and I know that this mouse will last me years.

18. oldwriter

oldwriterMember

Threads:
    Historically, I've used a midrange mouse almost all my life; from the old "ball mouse" to current optical and laser.

The truth is that I never noticed the mouse adversely affecting my performance.

As to the question of price, it is not so much the price of the mouse itself, but what it costs to keep it (I mean the wireless). The truth: it is a nuisance to be buying batteries all the time, or be recharging the rechargeable ones. I find it best to use USB mouse, which is generally cheaper.

19. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I have been using a cheap mouse all my life and I think I have already changed quite a lot. My sister is using the expensive one. And for years, I think I've already changed my mouse 5 times, she's still using that mouse which makes me to have spent more money for my mouse than she ever did. I keep on saying to myself that I will buy the expensive one when the current cheap one that I am using go kaput, but every time it will, I don't have that much money, so I can't afford that I end up just buying the cheap one.

20. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use a really cheap mouse. I bought it at Big Lots for $5. It have been using it for 2 years and never had any problems with it. It was the first time that I purchased a really cheap computer part. I expected it to last a couple of weeks. It's truly sturdy.