What are your beauty foods?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by 003 • May 8, 2014.

1. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Mine are fruits: carrots, tomatoes, lemons and papayas. Whenever I try to beautify myself, I eat nothing else other them. They are my breakfast, lunch and dinner. They are even my snacks. I try to avoid junk foods and anything that's processed. I try to eat only organic. But there are times where I can't avoid having ones that are inorganic. I also drink a lot of water, tons!

2. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I take lots of water, fruits, and vegetables daily, As much as possible, I avoid greasy or fried food since these can cause skin breakouts that will make skin look terrible. On occasions I go on fruit detox diets to clean and clear up my body systems. If our body is clean from the inside, healthy glow will radiate on the outside. I avoid junkfood on most days, but I have a cheat day where I can eat whatever I like, so I don't fell deprived.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have read that yogurt is good for the skin, so after I learned that I made it a point to always buy yogurt when I am in the supermarket. I read that any food that has live bacteria in it will keep your skin healthy looking.

4. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I always believe in the power of berries! That's why spring is my favorite season because this is the time that you would usually see the blackberries, raspberries, and strawberries all on sale. I stock up on a lot of those and I really make sure I consume a lot in a day. I can easily see the effect on my skin. It makes me glow!

What's good with berries is that they are also very easy to mix with different foods. You can just top it on your yogurt, or put it with your cereal, or even eat it with ice cream.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't often eat certain foods for the beauty Factor. However, I do love coconut water for skin hydration. Aside from being delicious, coconut water has very good hydrating properties it really makes your skin glow more because it's healthy. I find that also eating fruits like mango, papaya and orange are great for improving your skin's aspect and texture.

6. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    Lots of water and fruits and vegetables. I also try to cut back on white foods such as bread, pasta and rice. In addition to regular water I drink coconut water and green tea. For fruits I like to focus on those high in antioxidants such as blueberries. I try to eat the more colorful veggies too.

7. JaydonTyler

JaydonTylerActive Member

Threads:
    Asparagus is one of the best foods you can eat. i eat it raw and also cook it with lots of butter. real butter not margarine. Need healthy fats not artifical fats and real butter has healthy fats in it. Not my main choice for healthy fats, but a decent one.

The combination of the two is really good for you. Healthy fats and amino acids create the strong protein cells that build our body.

8. eppie

eppieActive Member

Threads:
    This is really good information as I have access to a stable supply of coco water from a nearby market. I think i'm going to try this beauty food regimen.

And getting back to the topic... my "beauty" foods are mostly fruits like apple, mango and pineapples. Eating only these fruits at dinner is one of my proven diet strategies too. I also drink lots of water and take vitamin supplements (if you consider them "food"). :)

9. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I eat a lot of vegetables and fruits too but I avoid anything greasy at all. My most important fruits to have at home are banana and pears. As for vegetables, anything that is green.

10. pfaemaster

pfaemasterMember

Threads:
    I personally drink Neem Juice. It is a very nice beauty food and has a myriad of benefits for the whole body. One glass a day keeps the doctor away, and you beautiful.

11. davbopol13

davbopol13Active Member

Threads:
    One of the best foods to eat for your skin is honey! I used to eat two tablespoons a day with ACV, this is the best way to have your honey each day. I ran out a couple of weeks ago and haven't bought any more yet. Of course it has to be raw honey for the best results!

12. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    You have really great choices! I live by broccoli, pineapple, corn, carrots, and celery sticks. I drink water almost 90% of the time and Diet Cranberry Juice around 1 - 2 times a week. I wish I could eat organic foods all the time. It sucks because the prices for organic foods are a bit high for my budget. However, I still find ways to incorporate enough fruits and vegetables into all of my meals throughout the week.

13. Lenna

LennaNew Member

Threads:
    I don't really have beauty foods I guess...not that I can think of anyways. I just tend to try and eat lots of fruit and vegetables at all times, although I do notice that I have less problems with my skin if I'm eating a lot of clementines. Which is great because they're delicious and I love them. So cheap too.

14. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to eat fresh organic fruit and vegetables for health and beauty. I am particularly fond of lemon juice mixed with water to get rid of toxins and also to hydrate my skin. I generally drink around ten glasses of water a day and stick to a Mediterranean diet, eating a lot of fresh fish, olives, sundried capsicums and a bit of goat's cheese. It all helps to look and feel better. :)

15. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I only have a few that I eat to help with my skin and eyes and what not. Fresh veggies, fresh fruits, natural honey, and green tea. I love the fruits and veggies, they are healthy, but they are also so good for you skin, hair, nails and so much more. The honey is also good to keep you healthy and help with your skins. Plus the antioxidants in green tea helps your body from the inside out. I try to eat as much of these a week, because I naturally have bad skin. But this helps so much!

16. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I recently am trying hard to really make sure I drink over 3 liters of water everyday. I have a friend who does that and her skin is absolutely incandescent. Her hair looks fabulous as well. I think it's a really cheap way of being beautiful. You don't have to spend on expensive creams to have good skin. You just need to make sure you are hydrated all the time by drinking the right amount of water.

17. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Carrots and tomatoes are my favorite beauty foods. :) I love making carrot milkshake and sandwiches with lots of tomatoes in them. I also like onions and I've heard they're good for the skin too.

18. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Plenty of fruits and veggies for sure, since they’re supposed to be cleansing for the system. Healthy fats like nuts, seeds, and avocado also play a key role (though I don’t eat as much avocado as I’d like). Plus water and herbal teas. I’ve been wanting to try mamaki tea since it’s supposed to have medicinal properties; I wonder if it would be good for the skin as well.

I’m finishing up a cup of herbal tea and now I’m inspired to brew another one, haha.

19. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Fruits like avocado, papaya, calamondin, banana, apple, sour sop and mango are my so-called beauty foods. They're rich in alkaline and vitamin C so they have a good impact on your skin when eaten regularly. I also like to drink them as shakes or juices. However, a favorite fruity drink of mine would have to be calamondin juice laced with honey. It has a very soothing effect (especially when you're suffering from a headache) and makes for a really good laxative (if you are constipated). I also like to eat spicy food like kimchee and ramen. They help in the digestion process. Salads are great too. I prefer garden salads and Mediterranean salads with a bit of meat.