What are your fall/winter travel plans?

Discussion in Travel started by troutski • Oct 7, 2014.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Fall is upon us and Winter's on the way. What are your travel and vacation plans for the next couple months? I'm heading up to the Northwest for a relaxing week off from everything. I'm going with my best friend, and we have some plans to make the trip incredible. I'm interested to hear what everyone else plans on doing.

2. Jake

JakeActive Member

Threads:
    From where are you travelling from? It is still pretty warm down here in Cali and I can not wait for the temperature to get cooler. I enjoy weather when it is nice and fresh and it allows me to drink coffee any time of the day. That is all I am looking forward to, when I can prepare a hot chocolate or coffee in the afternoon. It is just too crazy of an idea to do it around this time of the month. I prefer to drink in cold weather as well, so a glass of whiskey at night will be so relaxing. I look forward to that.

3. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I unfortunately will be going nowhere. It will be the fourth Thanksgiving that I don't see my biological family and the third Christmas. I have adopted family here, so I will not be alone, but it is kind of sad that I can't travel. I do not have the money to pay for the bus ticket and I can't afford to take any days off work. My income is so low right now. I know my family will no be happy about it, but that's just how it goes. The last few years it was because I couldn't get time off even though I could pay.

4. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Nothing grand, just visiting my parents and spending the holidays together. We see each other rarely so I'd rather spend some quality time with them instead of spending my savings on a trip to god knows where. If I manage to get a group of friends together maybe we'll go skiing on a weekend or two, we have a few slopes near our city so no big expenses there.

5. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    Hard to believe Fall is here!! I love the fall so I'm pretty happy about that. We look forward to all the holidays that are upcoming and this year were going on a big family cruise!! So looking forward to being together and just relaxing with the ones you love!!

Danyel :)

6. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    Will try for the snow parks or ski-resorts closest to my city, or even possibly go out a few days in my brother friend's RV. Possibly, I may go hunting for deer(s) and squirrel(s) in the mountains, but not sure. The again, I may simply stay home, where I know I'll be warm and not get sick easily from the cold weather onsetting soon upon us all.

7. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    Troutski! It sounds good that you are going to enjoy your holidays with your best friend. I also love to go somewhere with someone special who understands you and know about your feelings. Recently I came from Canada and next I have a plan to visit Norway in winter holidays. It is one of my favorite destinations. I would love to go there with my family. Its sunset has luminous and captivating effects. Have you visited it in your life?

8. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to go for backpacker-friendly travels so I think either a trip to Macau or Thailand would be in order. Thailand's a bit unruly though, due to the recent political upheaval that left the society divided. I might get stoned or hurt by wearing the wrong colors (their political parties are color-coded). A trip to Macau's also inviting but I fear getting duped by travel agencies.

9. Tellyv

TellyvMember

Threads:
    I would like to travel to Miami for the fall/winter. I'm from New York so I always like to go somewhere warm for a weekend or so when it's cold outside then it feels like a real vacation. I actually never vacation in the summer, I always go local because it's so hot out, I don't need to travel to a place that's even hotter that makes no sense. I want to go somewhere hot when it's cold out.

10. kbroder9

kbroder9Member

Threads:
    I'm heading to Scotland (Edinburgh and Glasgow) and Paris on Sunday! I'm so excited. I've been to Paris before, but Scotland will be a new adventure for me. Especially excited about a day tour up into the Highlands and to see Loch Ness. I also have some travel plans to go to Salt Lake City in January for some skiing! Got a $15 deal on a one-way ticket on Frontier, so had to take advantage! While not escaping the cruel Chicago winter for any warmer weather, definitely happy to be seeing some new places and enjoy the winter months ahead. Happy traveling all!

11. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    We don't have fall and winter in the Philippines; but we will be experiencing winter in another country this year as we travel to Japan. I'm excited because the winter in Tokyo is not as harsh as compared to the winter of other countries. It doesn't take long to acclimatize ourselves since there will be no snow expected there in December. The last time we went there, we really enjoyed the cold air outdoors without having to freeze ourselves. Because of that, we are able to visit various sites such as the temples, gardens, and shop at Akihabara. We look forward to another similar experience again this year.

12. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    I love winter season and always prefer to explore the cold destinations to enjoy the real charm of this season. I have not decided yet where to go this winter to enjoy the happiness of this season. Guy! I am confused about Banff and Iceland. Let me know which will be the most exciting place for this winter?

13. Ashlee

AshleeActive Member

Threads:
    roki123! I think you should head to Iceland. It is best to enjoy the winter sports and the cold weather. Have you ever been there in your life? Actually I have also never been to Iceland but my sister visited there last year with her friends. According to her it is the nicest place to spend some time.

14. Maxwell

MaxwellActive Member

Threads:
    You are right Ashlee, if roki want to enjoy the winter activities then he should visit the Iceland. It is one of the most famous traveling destinations among travelers in winter. I have been there last year in winter with my family. According to me Thingvellir National Park is an ideal spots to enjoy adventures activities in Iceland.