What Are Your Favorite Cheap Places To Shop Online?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Kathryn M. • Sep 14, 2015.

1. Kathryn M.

Kathryn M.New Member

Threads:
    My 2 favorites at the moment are:

GoDaddy - They have domains for just $0.99.
    Walmart - They usually have some pretty cheap prices online.

I just bought a wireless all-in-one printer, copier, scanner, fax online from Walmart for $89. The shipping is usually pretty cheap as well, however it is pretty slow. It takes about 10-15 business days to receive the order. You also have the option to pay more to receive it sooner.

Domains usually cost about $9 online and GoDaddy normally has a promo code for .com domains for $0.99 if you do a google search for "GoDaddy promo code".

What cheap discounts are you enjoying online at the moment?

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've decided to boycott godaddy despite their low prices because they supported SOPA when that was happening, and for those who are unfamiliar, it was the bill that would have allowed internet censorship. Namecheap has the same prices anyway and they have a much better customer service and performance so I just decide to go with them from now on. As for cheap places to buy online I mostly just stick to ebay since a lot of the sellers there are able to offer their products at a rice lower than I would get at a mall.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy most of my stuff on Ebay but from time to time I try any site where I'll buy whatever it is I need, cheapest.

Whilst talking about deals on domain names, there's one site which I know has a $0.99 offer on all new domain names registered. However unlike godaddy, once you pay for your domain name, should you need any support you won't get it. Your 1 buck would be better spend elsewhere. And these aren't just rumors, I tried to buy a domain name from 1&1 and regretted it.

4. Kathryn M.

Kathryn M.New Member

Threads:
    Unfortunately I already made the mistake of buying a domain from 1&1. I stumbled across the bad reviews after I had already purchased a domain from them. I've only had the domain for about 3 months and so far I have not had any problems. Most of the negative reviews I read were about renewing the domain or transferring it out of 1&1 to another registrar. We will see how it goes when it's time to renew a year from now and I transfer it out of there and to another registrar.

After reading the bad reviews, I admit I am now hesitant in doing any future business with them and most likely will not buy anything else. I normally use NameSilo and GoDaddy and will stick with them. I only used 1&1 because they were only $1. I will see if my $1 decision comes back to bite me in the behind a year from now.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know.. I guess Ebay? I'm always finding amazing deals on there, I used to be quite addicted to it lol. I don't care much for shopping anymore though, so it's rare I do any online shopping, but when I do, it totally depends on what I'm looking for. I find myself checking ebay first though, just in case. I don't care if things are used, I need what I need and shiny and new doesn't do much for me as long as it works :)

6. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought a domain yet, so I can't speak to that. I do usually shop once a month on Walmart.com, I shop frequently on eBay, and I have done some shopping recently on Tanga.com. I created a thread about Tanga, but it doesn't seem many others here use it. I got some good deals, and will continue to shop there. The prices are really low, and many items offer free shipping.

7. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Amazon, which has many different price points to choose from. As, I think I have mentioned, I participate in many paid forums and so forth online, and always have gift certificates I can use on Amazon, so it is my go to place to shop. This is one of the things I need to do.

8. AllAboutTheLincolns

AllAboutTheLincolnsMember

Threads:
    I think everyone and their mother could suggest websites like Amazon, GoDaddy, and SquareSpace. However, I would like to bring up two awesome websites for more specialty online shopping.

Etsy - if you love crafts, costumes, cosplay, or other handcrafted goodies, Etsy is the place for you. The artists who register to this site put hard time and effort into their works, and it still is sold for a great bargain. There are a few scammers who don't make high quality product, but 9 / 10 times you get something wonderful.

AliExpress - Old school jerseys are really expensive. As an NBA fan going back to the days of old, I really hate looking for a current or hardwood classic jersey and seeing everything being $90 and up. With AliExpress, you get crafted knockoffs that have the same quality, feeling, and looks of official jerseys but for a fraction of the price. There are a number of jerseys from all sports to choose from, so give them a look.

9. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    Some items in AliExpress, especially if in wholesale, are very cheap with even very cheap shipping. Some sellers in eBay also sell for cheap, especially those from China.

Other cheap places include YesStyle for really cheap clothes and dresses. They're also very good quality, too.

10. MarriedGirl15

MarriedGirl15Member

Threads:
    I have a few, here's my favorite places to shop for cheap things. I like eBay because I'm able to find great items for a very cheap price and some of the sellers offer free shipping. When shopping for clothing I like to shop on

and

. I've never bought anything from aliexpress, but I have been on the website and notice their cheap prices.

11. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I too have never bought a domain name before, so that I can't comment on.

I guess eBay remains one of the cheapest options for me. I also like the UK online store, SportsDirect. It always has some great deals, and does a huge variety of good brands at a snippet of the RRP. Sadly, they don't ship here, so I can't shop there as often as I'd like :( I hate having to rely on friends and family to receive, repackage and send the stuff onto me. It seems like too much of an ask.

@Diane Lane....I just checked out Tanga, and I really like it. But again, they don't ship here :(

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My go-to site would always be Ebay. Then the rest are also Chinese sites like dx.com, buyincoins.com and focalprice.com. Locally, I shop in lazada.com.ph.

13. PennyPincher

PennyPincherMember

Threads:
    Amazon is pretty much the only place I shop online. I find great deals there on clothing, electronics and gifts for holidays and birthdays. One reason I do this is because I am a member at Swagbucks and I can get Amazon gift cards there for doing surveys, watching videos and other simple tasks. I usually save up my gift cards until I have a substantial amount so I can save money on different things I want to order. For instance, I once got a new wifi router for only $7 because I had several gift cards to cash in.

14. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Without a doubt, my favorite cheapest place to shop online has got to be Ebay. Although many think they get great deals with Amazon, if you look elsewhere there are usually better prices elsewhere, but because Amazon is trusted and very popular, people will often still go with the Amazon purchase. I always compare prices between Amazon and Ebay. Ebay almost always wins out, and delivery is very very very quick.

15. beasleym1989

beasleym1989Member

Threads:
    Aliexpress is a great site. They have a little bit of everything. Amazon and eBay sellers often buy off of Aliexpress and then sell the products at a higher price. It's a great way to cut out the middle man and buy items at a much lower price than you can find anywhere else. Not all of their items are great, but there are some pretty awesome products.

16. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm glad to hear that AliExpress is working well for you, @beaslym1989. Back when I used to scour the net for Brazilian human hair, I kept seeing it crop up a lot. But then when I did a search for reviews, I was horrified to find there were a lot of negative reviews out there! When you look at the site, everything looks perfect, but apparently it isn't always as it looks. Yet some people on some of the discussion forums I frequented had found some fantastic and trustworthy sellers that they weren't willing to share. I wish i could find an easy way to separate the genuine ones from the unscrupulous ones :(

17. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I guess I still have to go with Amazon. Not only do I earn gift cards to use there, but I also seem to have good luck finding deals. I know what the stuff I want or need is supposed to cost, so I know if someone is marking stuff up too much. As long as I continue saving money by shopping there, I'll use the site.

I take advantage of the free shipping, although that has recently gone up. I'll just wait longer until I need something else that will push me over. I'm generally not in a hurry for things that I'm buying there (except maybe around the holidays), so it shouldn't be a big issue.

As for Walmart.com, I try to pick things that can be delivered to the store at no extra charge, and then just pick it up when I'm in town.

18. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I love shopping on Amazon, and most of the time I will manage to find things at the lowest price on there. Of course, there are some other websites that you could choose, however I also think that it is very important that you are able to trust the websites that you use, and for this reason I wouldn't want to go to places that I didn't know anything about - which is why I like to stick to Amazon if I can.