What are your favorite kinds of fabrics?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Serena • Nov 11, 2014.

1. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    I sew my own clothes. So, I really love beautiful textiles. My favorites are locally produced batik fabrics and also locally produced wax fabrics that feature beautiful, bold earth tones that feature Adinkra symbols and other symbols that are important to my culture. What are your favorite kinds of fabrics?

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite types of fabric would have to be silk, satin and Pashmina. I've collected a number of scarves and shawls made or woven from such fabrics. I like the softness and flowy consistency of silk. Satin's smooth and cool to the touch, while Pashmina's just warm and divine. I bought one of my most treasured shawls at Singapore's Little India district. It's woven from 30% silk and 70% Pashmina (fur from a Middle East goat).

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite fabrics are all about comfort; cashmere, as wool scratches me so only soft cashmere, pima cotton, as it's soft and silky and fleece because it's warm and soft. The only thing is cashmere is hard to clean and expensive to dry clean. I also like cashmere socks or silky cotton socks as they make me feel good.

I have to admit, sweat and fleeces are comfortable and that's what counts. Fleeces lose their wear after a while and sweats shrink, so neither last long though.

4. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    I am not sure if I have ever seen fleece here. It probably would do us no good since it is for cold weather and the coldest it ever gets here is 22C. There are some imported fabrics here, but I really do not care for them. The cotton here is really soft and it is breathable. The designs of the batiks are what really makes them unique and special and that is what I love about them the most. I really love mudcloth too, but it is extremely expensive. So, I only have about 2 pieces.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite type of fabric are just the common ones, the cotton and denim ones. And even if silk feels soft on the skin, I still don't like it because my nails get stuck there and the fabric becomes damaged easily.

6. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    We like to keep it real simple with everything. The only thing we buy and wear is cotton and denim. If it isn't cotton or denim then you won't catch it in our closet.

7. lemony

lemonyMember

Threads:
    I'm never really particular about different kinds of fabrics except when it comes to clothes one wears during winter. I prefer wool, acrylic, and cashmere because they keep the body warm to fight the cold so you don't get sick when out and about. Otherwise, it's just cotton and viscose or polyester mixed with spandex for the other seasons. They are comfortable to wear, and has a bit of stretch or give to be worn throughout the rest of the year.

8. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    The fabrics I like to mostly wear are cotton, leather, and polyester. Most of my clothes I have are from these three types of fabrics, which I opinion are the most comfortable for me year round, except for leather in the summer - unless I'm in colder climes. Cotton shirts, boxers, socks, and pants are what I wear most of the time. Polyester shorts is what I wear for most of the year when I'm at home. I only wear my leather jacket when I'm out for a night or on a trip somewhere below 70 degrees.