What are your impulsive purchases?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by mistymi • Mar 13, 2014.

1. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    Food I buy will on impulse. If I'm feeling bad I will get ice cream or sugary iced coffee only to feel worse later on. Any other food that is comforting I will give in to buying like burgers or cheesecake.
    I stupidly buy a lot of games on impulse, usually when they're on sale. If I can imagine having fun and being interested in it for a moment then I will buy it without second thought. I've accumulated lots of useless games this way.

Physical objects I'm more thoughtful about purchasing because I worry about having to put it somewhere and how I will organize it. This is why buying digital games and food are much more attractive to me.

#1Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  2. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Surprisingly enough food isn't listed on my list of impulsive purchases. I would say tech gears. I've bought so many iPod's before out of sheer impulse to buy, specially when they're on sale. Whenever a new iPod comes out, I eventually go an electronics store and purchase one, even if I know that their use would be limited only to playing music. I also have this tick about earphones. Whenever I go to the mall and came across a music store, I always shop for brand new earphones, that's why I tend to leave the house without my wallet and credit cards. That's one great way to discipline yourself to not buy things on impulse, never bring your wallet full of money, leave it at home and just bring along enough cash and an extra.

3. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't buy nothing by impulse, except chocolate bars after lunch sometimes... :) I don't know if the lunch is not satisfactory, but I start feeling something inside of me and I go to the vending machine and I buy a small bar. I don't know if this is buying by impulse or just greed. :D

Buying ipods by impulse death? Isn't that something too expensive to buy by impulse?

4. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I buy a lot of things on impulse and have never regretted it. I trust my impulses. I remember when I bought my tablet, the idea of needing such a gadget only hit me when I was standing in front of it. I bought it within 2 minutes. I use it every day, and also share it with my boyfriend who needs it for his work.
    As I never spend money on anything that I don't need, I just trust that voice that tells me that it's time for me to acquire one thing or another.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to buy cd's and dvd's that were on sale because they're quite cheap already as compared to their original price. I noticed that I'm more prone to impulse buying when browsing online as compared to window shopping in the mall, maybe because the prices are always usually cheaper when you browse online, like now I certainly don't need one, but I bought earphones from Ebay the other day because they looked cute and unique.

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If I buy something on impulse then it must be food or condiments. Should I see a spice I haven't used yet then most likely even if it wasn't on my shopping list I'll buy it. I always tell myself that I won't do that again but when I'm in some store and actually see the product I can't help myself. Most of the time, I only try a spice just once and never use it again so maybe once I've tasted all of them, the habit will die.

7. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I buy most things on impulse, oddly enough food isn't one of them. Not sure what it is but when I look and see some place selling a slice of pizza for $5 I can't help but think I could order an entire pizza for only a little more or just make one, same thing with drinks and desserts. Sometimes clothes can be an impulse purchase for me, but I think my number one impulse purchase is picking up things here and there for my family. I like buying them things they wouldn't buy themselves so when I see something I think one of them would like I buy it without thinking.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I sometimes buy a good amount of food items on impulse as well because usually when I'm in a grocery store I get a bit tired and hurry myself to get out as quickly as possible. I understand that a list could help but I don't always have the opportunity to make one before going. I don't really mind the extra purchases though since I could consume them all sooner or later anyway.

9. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely do the same thing as you when it comes to the food. If I go shopping when I'm hungry, I will buy all sorts of things and then eat them later in the day, even though I know that I shouldn't, and I know it's something I will regret when I step onto the scales. I'm not too bad with impulse buys with anything else at the moment because I'm saving up for house, so the food is pretty much the only thing that I'm bad with at the moment. I have to improve though, for the good of my health as well as for the good of my pocket!