What Are Your New Years Resolutions?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by tulosai • Jan 4, 2015.

1. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    Mine is to learn a little more Dutch every day, and to catalog all my recipes. I'm also trying to read 150 books this year!

What are your New Years goals and aspirations?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Mine never change. Each year:

I strive to a better person than I was the previous year.
    I intend to stop thinking about the future and instead focus on the present [and enjoy my life to the maximum].
    I'd like to save a little more than I did last year.

Realistic goals those. I'm sure I'll keep my resolutions.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really make new year's resolutions anymore as such. But this year I'm setting myself some goals that I hope to have achieved and maybe exceeded by the end of the year.

- To be a lot more organised in my quest to establish an online job situation (I don't want to say career. Can you even call it that? LOL)

- To focus....by homing in on jobs that'll allow me to play to my strengths, thereby maximising my earning potential

- To pour my energy into my online work, and really make it work through sheer hard work, determination, enthusiasm and discipline

- To make enough money to allow me to put some aside for a rainy day

- To be a better person all round and make more time for those that matter to me :)

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really like to make a New Year's resolution, it's something that I never do, but this year I do have some goals in mind. I want to live on my own and have a better job.

5. Feneth

FenethActive Member

Threads:
    I have some progressive quantitative goals (i.e. I want to write X number of words per week, which increases each week). I also want to work on budget management and savings with a good frame of mind. Often, I find when I work on those things, I feel stressed or unhappy and I'd like to figure out how to change that.

6. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never actually make New Year's resolutions, because if I haven't made myself stick to something when it isn't the New Year, then it is because I have a major issue with it, and it is not as easy to solve as simply calling it a New Year's Resolution, and then following through with it? At least that is how I feel about it. I know me, at the end of the day. If I want something, and I create a goal, I will take steps towards that goal and it doesn't have to be New Year's Resolution for me to follow through.

7. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I wanna be more fit since I'm getting fatter every single day to the point that I'm gonna cry soon if I don't lose some pounds. Really. I'm gonna cry.. Lol! I also want to learn Japanese so that I don't need anymore subtitles when watching animes and Japanese movies. That saves a lot of time since I'm gonna be able to multi-task. I'm also planning of automating my life so that I can spend more time relaxing while still being able to achieve the same productivity that is expected of me. Finally, I wanna be ambidextrous. I guess it's cool being one you know.

8. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    As for the goals that I want to attain though - I would like to find a comfortable way, for me, to make a comfortable amount of money. I am not a nine to fiver kind of person. I don't think that I can do it, and when I was in the position of nine to fiver type jobs, I was very unhappy and drained by it. I'm tired of working online for peanuts. But at the same time, I still want to have control over my time, and comfort, whilst still getting paid a reasonable amount of money. Seems like an unattainable fantasy. But if you can think it up, then it is possible. I also want to sort my body out as far as health. I will need money to do that also. So it is mostly money and health.

9. GoldenWing

GoldenWingMember

Threads:
    Definitely read more.

I also have as my New Year Resolution to finish the final version of the novel I'm writing, as well as start the first draft of a second novel for testing purposes with the target market I want to write for.

Other than that, I have promises related to money, so I think that'll work well.

10. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My resolution for every day of my life is to live more, enjoy more, indulge more in the things that I have denied myself so far, and just enjoy the moment. Time is short and precious, and I don't want to live with any regrets anymore. When I look back over the past years, I can see opportunities that I missed. But I realize now that those opportunities have come around again, only in a different form. And this time, I am grabbing them with everything I've got. :)

11. mizrael

mizraelMember

Threads:
    My New Year's resolution is to take better care of myself, that would be exercising more often, eating better and being aware of my serenity, that would be feeding my brains with positive things, most of all, I will stop sweating the small stuff, Life is too short for that, I think you need to do those things for longevity and prosperity.

12. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    Mine is to get fit. I have lost a lot of weight over the past few years, halving my actual size, but I have lost the majority of that by simply being restrictive in my diet, and making healthier choices. This is great, but I am still not as fit as I would like to be, and this is something that I feel really has to change as soon as possible for my own good. So I am ensuring from now that I do at least one exercise session per day, even if it is just something like doing step ups (albeit fast ones) on the stairs for five minutes. Anything is better than nothing, and nobody is so busy that they couldn't put a small amount of time aside in order to do something active.

13. owesem75

owesem75Active Member

Threads:
    I know this posting is already late.. but I thought I have to share it. My new year resolution is to QUIT SMOKING.. and as of this posting.. i am now on my 15th day with NO CIGARETTE ever touched my hand. I hope to continue it.

Also, I engaged myself on a 52-week personal finance challenge (google it to know more info), but I think I would only be able to reach up to half of it.. but fingers crossed, I will do my best to finish it.

14. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Mine is to have a solid and strong diet discipline. Nothing more I asked. I initially wanted to go for low-carb if not no carb diet, but it's really going to be hard and impossible. So I just resorted to something that's simple and that is maintaining a solid and strong diet discipline, where I'm just going to eat what I have to eat to make me really healthy and of course to make me full, that is I'm not simply going to eat for pleasure.

15. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't have any specific resolutions anymore because I just constantly want to keep improving regardless if it's the start of a new year or not. However, I wouldn't deny that the start of the year doesn't carry with it a certain amount of inspiration and energy so I just try and keep it simple by saying I'd like to improve on my health and money habits.

16. blueeyes

blueeyesActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't make any resolutions this year because I always seem to fail at them. I did set some goals for myself but without the big pressure of it being a resolution. That being said, for years, I tried to give up smoking and tried making it a resolution. I always failed early in January. This year, I quit smoking on Jan. 19th because I had enough and really wanted to quit. I have a lot of determination this time and so far, I haven't smoked.

I can't say I would have failed had it been my resolution but just glad its working so far.

17. lessthanthree

lessthanthreeNew Member

Threads:
    I'd like to start to let go of old friendships that are no longer making me happy.