What are your thoughts on online marketing?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by brutal37138 • Dec 15, 2013.

1. brutal37138

brutal37138Member

Threads:
    Online marketing has become somewhat invasive. Cookies are downloaded to your computer and your activities are tracked, so that companies can display ads based on the individuals track record. In acquiring all of this information as persons right to privacy is basically ignored. How do you feel about online marketing? Do you want these unknown firms to have your information so they can show you specific ads? Have you done anything to attempt to keep your privacy?

2. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't done anything to try to protect my privacy. I wouldn't know where to start. I don't like how I always see advertisements. It is just annoying to me. But sometimes I do click on the advertisements if they interest me, so I guess they are winning. I do not like online marketing in general. I could do without it.

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Online marketing when not done in an unobtrusive way, is very annoying. All those pop-unders. . .

Apart from cookies, most web-sites use scripts to track you around, record your surfing habits etc, so they can effectively market their stuff to you. These scripts add no functionality to the site so I found out that if I could disable all these scripts that added nothing to my browsing experience, I could not only block ads but also made it impossible for any site to install files or whatever on my browser.

If you use firefox, you could protect your privacy easily by installing the "no-script add-on."

4. Daria

DariaMember

Threads:
    I have given this a lot of thought. There are many people who think they are not getting tracked. Yes, cookies are downloaded to your computer. Some people get get rid of them, some can't. However, there are other methods used to collect data about us. Big brother is watching us through the other services we use within our daily lives. Big Brother, or the corporations, get a lot of hate. However, they also seem to have a relationship to our quality of life. Corporations, marketing, advertisements, products and services make our lives better.

If you are in the US, like me, then you have probably heard people complaining about things. However, we Americans still have it pretty darn good. We are very fortunate, spoiled and blessed in comparison to a lot of other places. Online marketing is a piece of the puzzle. I believe that directed ads is wonderful. It makes my life easier and better. I want the search engines and adds to know what I want. I do not mind giving my information up to LEGIT online marketers. As long as they use the information to improve my experience, I am fine with being watched by Big Brother.

5. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    Adblocker for one.

Apart from that, I am really not that fussed by it. I never click on ads, let alone pay attention to them.

Online marketing as a whole is pretty good. You can get good coverage and find your target market without too much work or effort.

6. Cindy16

Cindy16Banned

Threads:
    Online marketing is good esp if you are shopping online because it makes transactions fast and easy. You just have to be careful in divulging information because scammers are just everywhere waiting for opportunities to cheat and fool on people just to get money.

7. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    Online marketing has a lot of benefits which include a faster way to interact with your buyers among others. I think most businesses have decided to take on internet marketing because of its value. Soon or later offline marketing will lose its value.

8. Neperon

NeperonActive Member

Threads:
    That is a very fine way when its about dealing with all the thing like we say marketing is a way of expressing about how goodly things can be done.SO yeah that is the way for it if you promote your content correctly people get to know a chance of these things in a finer way the way they should be done.