What book are you reading?

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by themotleyshopper • Apr 9, 2013.

1. themotleyshopper

themotleyshopperMember

Threads:
    I'm re-reading a series I've previously read and am looking for something new to read. I'm a complete book addict, I read at least one book a week :D I read everything from science fiction/fantasy to historical novels. I'm really not picky (although I'm not much for mushy romance books). I'm always open to reading new types of books and would love to hear what your are reading!

2. Rocky

RockyMember

Threads:
    I am currently reading Divisadero by Michael Ondaatje. I loved the English Patient so I figured this would be a good choice. I just started it but I love it already. His writing is amazing, like poetry. I love how descriptive he is and his storytelling abilities are fantastic. He is my favorite Canadian author! :)

3. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    Right now I am reading a book that I actually read before which shows just ow much I adore it.
    The name of the novel is the lost symbol by Dan Brown. It is just a brilliant historical fiction story by one of the best historical fiction authors in my opinion. I can finish this book in about two days purely because his writing is so captivating and it draws you into the story completely.
    I definitely recommend this novel!

4. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    I recently finished Plutocrats, which focuses on the elite, and the gap between the haves and the have nots and the have everything imaginable.
    Not heavy going although it is economics and politics.
    Ever wonder what happened to the middle class?
    Ryder13

5. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I'm currently reading the Maze Runner. But I'm almost done with it. I've got a goal to read 100 books in the year 2013. But I'm not on pace, 4 books off pace actually, Yikes!

6. themotleyshopper

themotleyshopperMember

Threads:
    Excellent! I haven't read Dan Brown, but I've heard so much about the books, I'll have to give it a whirl. I just finished "Gone Girl". I read that one on recommendation from a ton of friends. It was "okay". It was captivating and intriguing, but I didn't like the ending. I appreciate all the recommendations! I'm adding them all to my "books to read" list :)