What breed or mix breed of dog you had has shocked you?

Discussion in Pets started by Ruth B. • May 30, 2014.

1. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    We all have our belief's and thoughts about breeds that we thought we would have or would not have. They may or may not be accurate actually. What breed or mixed breed gave you surprises about themselves and the breed?

For me is is dachshunds. My weenie girl has taught me so much I was wrong about the breed. I am on Facebook dachshund world list and hear all the same things about other weenies, and people and love and appreciate the breed so much now. My weenie girl will proudly tell you that she taught momma all she knows about weenies.

For instance, they are awesome watch dogs. I have had dobermans, and they are every bit as good as any of my three dobies were. They are fearsome hunters. Not a surprise when you know they were bred to tackle badgers. Heck, even some men on the list hunt with them. To my girl, unless it's another dog or human, most critters are prey. You think I'm kidding, but I'm not. And yet, she will be my cuddle buddy the next minute. Of course, they are delicate because of their backs, but actually they are tough little buggers in attitude. :)

The idea of the thread is not to convince anyone of any particular breed or mix.
    Simply to talk about what surprised or shocked you and busted those stereotypes.