What cardio exercises do you prefer?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by nick_ro • May 1, 2013.

1. nick_ro

nick_roNew Member

Threads:
    Cardio exercises are excellent to get yourself in shape and lose weight. Whether it is walking, swimming or bicycling, this activity will make you feel stronger and more fit. My favorites are walking and bicycling. How about you?

2. marciana

marcianaMember

Threads:
    I prefer jogging, walking, and dancing. That's the cheapest form of cardio I know. You must have known by now how frugal I am LOL. All i need is a good pair of running shoes, in which i already have, and that's it. When dancing in my home, all I just need to do is turn the radio or my mp3 and blast the volume high. These forms of cardio works for me. I sweat a lot just by doing it, so there is no need to use the treadmill or any cardio machine.

3. mbarrett

mbarrettNew Member

Threads:
    I don't do cardio often, but the best cardio exercises are the ones you have mentioned such as running, jogging, swimming, or cycling. Running on the treadmill is great as well. For those trying to lose weight, adding cardio exercises can help you lose weight quicker. However, one can lose weight by simply dieting. These exercises are also great for overall health and can promote longevity.

4. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    None of them! Haha. Just kidding. I prefer exercise that doesn't feel like exercise. Like going skiing, or playing sports. But, if I'm exercising, just simply to exercise them I prefer to run. It's the fastest way to burn the most calories.

5. kareo000

kareo000New Member

Threads:
    I preferred walking because when you walk all the muscles of the body are in rotating position and your stomach is demanding the more food that's why your fitness is maintain..Specially bicep is more stronger by the walk...

#5May 10, 2013
    Last edited: May 13, 2013
  6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer getting my exercise naturally.. getting out of the house and doing whatever. Especially hiking etc. I don't believe in gyms or jumping around and calling that health. Most of it is terrible for your joints and the trainers have no clue what they're doing.

7. rachel1970

rachel1970Active Member

Threads:
    I don't really class walking as cardio, unless it's power walking carrying weights. I like to work out at the gym, doing step aerobics and other classes. I also like the cross trainer. And dancing - that's definitely the best form of cardio!

8. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    I love to swim so much. We are fortunate enough to be able to live right on the lake. So just as soon as the weather gets warmer I am always at the beach. Yes, swimming is such a great form of cardio exercise. And it does not even feel like exercise to me, it is just fun. I also like to take my dog for a walk at our local frisbee golf coarse. It is a good cardio work out for both of us. Sometimes my kids and I like to play frisbee or play basketball. which can also be great exercise. I also work as a housekeeper, which is alot of hard work. We do not have an elevator so we are doing alot of climbing up and down the stairs with full laundry bags. And cleaning rooms can be alot of work as well.

9. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    I love my elliptical machine! I also do a bit of bicycle riding, but that's mainly because it's my only transportation at the moment.

10. ami560

ami560Member

Threads:
    I usually run or bike for cardio, though I don't do either often enough as I should do.

11. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I prefer swimming. It gets more work done in the same time it would take you to run or do any other exercise. The thing I like about it the most is that it doesn't really feel much like you're exercising. Instead it's like you're only having fun at the pool, but as you move in the pool, since there is a lot of resistance, it would be considered double the effort of just walking on land.

12. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Studies have shown that cardio is actually not very good for losing weight. What you eat is the primary factor. The small amount of calories you burn during cardio are often consumed after the exercise as cardio increases the appetite.

My favourite would be swimming in the sea on a hot day.

13. Seymour

SeymourNew Member

Threads:
    Cariod is always best for me to maintain my health and fitness level.
    I like high intensity cardio exercises more because these are more helpful to burn the fat and maintaining a healthy level of the weight. My most favorite cardio are jogging, running, swimming, and cycling.

#13May 17, 2013
    Last edited: May 18, 2013
  14. asteriks

asteriksMember

Threads:
    I prefer jogging or skipping for my cardio workout. I have built up my stamina and also lost weight in the process. I am often listening to music while doing either of the activities and I always feel more motivated to keep on going.

15. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I love to jump rope, exercise on my elliptical machine but mostly walk for hours when the weather is good. However, the first two have become a little difficult with my knee problems.. I walk as much as I can these days.

16. mizrael

mizraelMember

Threads:
    To get my cardio up I like to do aerobic type exercise and I use 5 pound dumbbell to give it some extra stress, I go for three minutes and I rest one depending on how I feel I try to listen to my body. I try not to push to the point of exhaustion because I don't think this is the right approach. I won't do any running because too much of my friends do this and end up with all sorts of joint and knee injuries. I try not to do a lot of bouncing and jumping when I do aerobic for I think that's also damaging to your joints and knees. Muscle confusion exercises is a new concept and it's the way to go for me.

17. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite is walking I love walking cause I feel it's the best way to lose the weight and quickest and its also very relaxing to me.

18. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I am not into "cardio" at all. When did it stop being aerobics anyway? Everyone acts like it is some new thing, but it's just the current trendy name for calisthenics. I do like to ride my bicycle, which qualifies, and I think dancing is better than cardio - especially salsa.

19. dealsavvy

dealsavvyNew Member

Threads:
    I'm trying to lose some weight, so there are exactly two types of exercises that I prefer.

In the morning, when I first wake up, I would do some fasted cardio. I usually prefer a brisk walk on an empty stomach followed by a glass of cold water. This is important because overnight, it depletes all of my glycogen stores, so during my cardio, I am actually burning the fat. A glass of cold water will jump start my metabolism, so this has enhanced fat burning effects.

My second form of cardio would be HITT (High Intensity Interval Training). I like to use the skipping rope to perform this. Basically, I will alternate cycles between high intensity (90% effort) and low intensity (50%) effort over a 10-15 minute period with each cycle lasting about 1 minute or 2. I've done some research and there is data to suggest that the benefits from HITT cardio will last even after the session is over. So the metabolism remains elevated throughout the day compared to regular traditional cardio.

20. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a natural distance runner. I remember my first race in primary school, I won easily and I kept on winning throughout my school years. I was skinny and I could run far. I've recently started running again and I enjoy it.