What cardio exercises do you prefer?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by nick_ro • May 1, 2013.

1. indigo

indigoMember

Threads:
    I prefer to power walk instead of jogging or running. Power walking is easier on the joints than running. If you swing your arms while walking then you can get more of a full work out. Just make sure that you are walking at a fast pace. Your body will thank you once you reach your 60's and beyond. You'll have less arthritis and joint pain as a result from walking.

2. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Jump roping, jumping on a trampoline, suicides, Tabatas and I want to try M100s. I like things that will push me and are relatively quick to do when doing cardio.

3. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like running and walking those are my favorite I feel it gets me where I need to be and works great.

4. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite would have to be riding a bike. I have never loved running not swimming because its only fun when it's a competition in my opinion and all the other times I feel like I'm doing a chore. Therefor when I'm on a bike I enjoy not only nature but pedaling down the beautiful streets.

5. whatupswags

whatupswagsMember

Threads:
    Walk, walk, walk!

Walking is by far my favorite! But walking is definitely more appropriate for maintaining a general level of fitness, as opposed to losing weight or gaining muscle. Walking can be effective in weight loss if coupled with hand weights, speed, and distance, though. I really want to get a pedometer to gauge exactly how much walking I'm actually doing, and be able to measure the impact on my cardio fitness.

6. DaBlink182

DaBlink182New Member

Threads:
    I'm a pretty skinny guy, but I only have a bicycle as a form of transportation, which means that my legs gained a lot of strength over the years. I like cycling in the gym, but the treadmill is one of my favorites too. Everything else, like stepping machines or the ellipticals aren't really my thing, so I just stick to running and cycling.

7. Canadian Lover

Canadian LoverNew Member

Threads:
    I like jogging and running myself. I have ran two races this year and plan to get back into it in the future. I like running because it's outdoors, you get to see different stuff, it can be social and it really gets you in shape. Doing enough running three times a week get me prepared for a half-marathon. My next goal is to run the half-marathon in 1.5 hours.

8. Kwizkey

KwizkeyNew Member

Threads:
    Same as myself, I've always been told to stick to your strengths, but I decided I wanted to become big and strong instead of light with great stamina. That was my positive change but I know on the path I am on now, I can never run to the same quality I used to. Opening new doors can begin to shut ones behind you. That said, deadlifts and squats are my cardio now, and I feel more invigorated than long running ever brought me.

9. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I used to swim a lot as a kid because my house was right on front of the public pools. The smell is really nostalgic for me and i kind of like it. Too bad that i don't live there anymore, or i would kept using it.
    Nowadays i just use a old treadmill that my parents didn't use, so i gain a liking to running.

10. Kwizkey

KwizkeyNew Member

Threads:
    This^^
    People assume exercise will make them lose weight but if you are still ingesting more calories than you burn, you will put on weight.
    Calories in > Calories Out = Weight gain
    Calories in < Calories Out = Weight loss
    It's that simple, but people still seem to not understand this concept...

11. Swag_Like_Nick

Swag_Like_NickNew Member

Threads:
    I prefer to jog outside for my cardio, I also like to run on the treadmill. Cardio, short for cardiovascular exercise, is any movement that gets your heart rate up and increases blood circulation throughout the body. There are various forms and methods of performing cardio exercise - all which will have specific benefits and guidelines. Individuals who partake in regular cardio exercise often have a much more positive outlook on life simply because they are getting the stress-relief benefits from these hormones. Treadmill workouts can be some of the most efficient, challenging, calorie-burning routines around. Take advantage of the stationary benefit: running on a treadmill puts heart rate and pace stats at your fingertips giving you ultimate control over effort and speed. Regular use of a treadmill, 20 minutes of moderate exercise on it every other day, can improve your overall cardiovascular health.

What do you think about treadmill exercises?

12. CoachV

CoachVNew Member

Threads:
    I love to ride the bike for my cardio workout. Either on the stationary or when the weather is nice going on a long ride, the bike is my choice for getting the heart rate up! I like that my leg muscles are getting a different workout than from all the walking I do and I like the feeling of the speed of movement.

13. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    I really enjoy swimming, its just so different from the other sports and its very rewarding to see how much further you can swim each time. Very good for cardio, if not the best as you have to monitor your breathing.

14. nhsososo4

nhsososo4Member

Threads:
    I prefer the treadmill and the bike. These are the only two equipment that I feel after I have used them can really kick into my system. I sweat easily especially with the bike and whilst I am exercising I can really feel there is something happening. Other cardio equipment I just use them to add more time to my exercises and add variety to my routine.

All these preferences though I think would differ from individual to the next, some people feel there is nothing greater than aerobics and swimming for the heart, whilst some differ greatly. But for most people I think its more about the machine or exercise that challenges them. Through that, that is how you will get the best results. The aim after all is to enjoy and keep fit.

15. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love using the elliptical machine and doing cardio bootcamp at the gym. I also love taking dance classes. My favorites are Sh'bam and Zumba!
    And even though it does not classify as "cardio", I have been taking Muay Thai classes and it's such a great exercise to tone up and burn calories!!

16. FolkArtist

FolkArtistActive Member

Threads:
    I like to mix it up as far as the cardio exercises go-and they include running in the park,dancing around in my room to some music sometimes when I get stuck inside. Also I like hiking on nature trails, riding a a bike to the store to get some shopping done, so this can be a good cardio workout as well. Also if you live in a urban jungle(city slickers)you could do some urban hiking around the town at a rather fast tempo and pace. One other thing I like to do is to swim in the sea as well in the summertime-and I like very calm waters to do this in.

17. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer the treadmill since i feel that it's the most convenient and offers multiple features and functions, and it's fun as well.