What Comic Book Movie Do You Want To See Get Made?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Apr 12, 2013.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I haven't really been particularly satisfied with any of the superhero movies that have come out so far. As far as graphic novel/comic book movie adaptations, the ones that I really liked were Kick Ass, Sin City, 300 and Watchmen, and also The Dark Knight with the exception of Batman's costume there which i thought was extremely ugly.

Now Marvel has a line up going all the way to 4 or 5 years from now featuring sequels of Thor, Captain America, Avengers and new ones about Antman and Guardians of the Galaxy. None of these really excite me and I'm highly doubtful I'll see any of these in the theater with the exception of Avengers just purely for curiosity.

Personally, I'd love to see a movie about Venom get made since they messed up so badly on Spiderman 3 that I feel they have to wash the bitter taste it left.

So what do you guys want to see next as a comic book adaptation/super hero movie? And have you been happy with the Marvel & DC releases so far?

2. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    Wow. I am afraid I have to disagree with you on a lot of these. Avengers was at least as good as the original Superman movie. Captain America was very good, Thor was okay, Guardians of the Galaxy is risky, but, if you read the comic book, it's AWESOME. And, Ant-Man will be amazing. Hank Pym, one of the original (comic book) Avengers finally gets his own flick. I can't wait. And Avengers 2 may very well be better than SuperMan 2 which is the pinnacle of super hero films aside from The Dark Knight

That being said, I am hoping for another Hulk film and I wish that Sony would give up on Spider-man and hand him back to Marvel so that he can be done right.

3. AvalonX

AvalonXBanned

Threads:
    I would like a Black Panther movie, obviously all the movies you mentioned are a buildup to Avengers 2. I would also love the see Avengers 2 close with Hulk being sent to Planet Hulk and having a movie like that. Then Avengers 3 could be a World War Hulk. That would be awesome.

4. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think i wanted any of my favorites made into a movie because most of the times, the essence that makes up the character is forgotten when making the movie. A lot of corners are cut to make a movie, and then the main character ends up not being as fleshed out as in the original books.

But if i really had to choose, maybe Deadpool, he seems to be one of those characters that would fit good in a movie.