What company do you use for auto insurance?

Discussion in Auto Insurance started by brutal37138 • Dec 5, 2013.

1. brutal37138

brutal37138Member

Threads:
    I have been with State Farm for probably a good ten years now. I've never had any "real" problems from them and I've filed a few claims over that amount time. Which company do you use for insurance? Do you feel like the rates are fair? How is their customer service and your overall satisfaction?

2. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    This is funny, because I was about to ask this same question on here. I have been with state farm almost 10 years myself and so far have been happy with them. I've had a number of claims and never had any major issues. I can't imagine having a rinky-dink auto insurance when you really need a good company if you have an accident.

3. XDetTigers420X

XDetTigers420XNew Member

Threads:
    I currently use E-surance right now for my car insurance. They can offer some pretty big discounts because they don't have to pay all the overhead the things like paper for example. You also get a discount if you have a Paypal account. I've been with a lot of bad car insurance companies in the past and I don't ever see myself leaving E-surance.

4. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    I have been with Kemper, which some people don't really know about this auto insurance company. It's good because it offers good drivers discount, plus student discount because I am a part-time student. I used to have Progressive, which is $350 more than what I pay for Kemper. I like the Kemper because you can negotiate the price if it increases because it usually offers the same amount for me every year.

5. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    We currently have progressive as our auto insurance. They have been good to use over the past years without any problems. Heck, we even got a call asking if we've had any troubles that they can look into. The custom service has been superb as far as I am concerned.

6. AskJeeves

AskJeevesMember

Threads:
    I have been with state farm insurance for about 5 years now. The great thing is that the rate I have now is cheaper than the one I had 5 years ago. I have my car and house insured under them and I haven't had any accidents in my car (luckily)!

7. Qualitycontent

QualitycontentMember

Threads:
    I am with Safeco insurance. I called the answer center and they gave me the best rate from numerous insurance companies. I bought car insurance liability and towing, and renter's insurance. I am only paying $31 a month for all this! I cannot believe it is so low. I did have Farmer's car insurance, and I was paying $59 a month. I had Liberty Mutual renter's insurance, and was paying $15 a month. The only catch with Safeco is I have to have automatic deposit for the payments every month. I have already used the towing, and received reimbursement from Safeco for my towing bill. I only had to wait a day!

8. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I use Admiral because it's almost universally the cheapest for everyone under 21. Now I'm almost 22 though though I'm going to spend more time looking around. Now that I no longer use multi-car I think that there may be cheaper alternatives. I paid £1400 just two years ago, now I'm down to £600.

9. SnidJanth0614

SnidJanth0614New Member

Threads:
    I have been with Allstate co. for more than 20 years and happy with them.

10. SavvyGirl2014

SavvyGirl2014Member

Threads:
    I use Geico, but I had All State about a month. If you want the best rates with Geico though, you may want to call. I had moved and switched my insurance, and it literally skyrocketed by over one hundred dollars more a month. When I actually spoke to a Geico agent, he was able to get it lowered down to just 20-30 bucks more than I was paying before. I wish it didn't increase at all, but $70+ savings is a huge deal each month if all I needed to do was talk to agent to get the quote. It was odd because you would think that you would get the best deal online rather than over the phone. But in this case, it was the opposite for me.

11. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I am with geico. I was going to change, I knew I could do better in price. I got several quotes from other places. And yes, they were better in price. But then I just said to myself, hey, you know what, I'll just call them and ask why my bill keeps fluctuating. So I did. They knew I was going to switch. So they said, well what if we could cut that in half for ya would that be enough to make you stay? I don't really know WHY they did that, I didn't sound especially angry and I was not a 'hard 'luck' case. But they did. Just like that as they say. So I said yes, that would do it. I get the same plan and coverage.

It never hurts to call. :)

12. Aprax

ApraxMember

Threads:
    I pay a bit over $400/month at the moment with Geico.

13. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Yep, I've been the same way. Since I started driving when I was 16, I've been with State Farm. Since then, I've had no issues with the company and felt they've always been looking out for my best interests. There might be other car insurance agencies with better rates, but I've never felt the need to really shop around for a different insurance agency. I have a good comfort level with State Farm and won't change unless I have to.

14. jdwriter

jdwriterActive Member

Threads:
    I've used Amica Mutual for almost my entire life (except when in NJ I used NJ Manufacturers INs.). They've been excellent, with good rates, and great service as well. That said, I think it might be a good idea to shop around a bit to see what is out there. We are looking for ways to cut a few corners this year, and be able to invest more.

15. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    Progressive is the least expensive automobile insurance I could find. It is easy to pay online. Otherwise, they will deduct it from your checking account. However, their snap device, one you manually install left of the driver, did not help save me money.